Carb tower O-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb tower O-rings

Would anyone have any extra teeny-tiny(official tech-term) O-rings....the ones that go in the idle mix screw towers on the later 81 carbs? If someone knows the actual size, think I can get them at the local bearing house. Got one that is in two pieces, but has stayed in place so far. Just soon replace all four so as to eliminate any idle/midrange issue that may show up. Plan on pulling carb bank and re-set floats as running level is dern near 1/2" down from bottom of carb body. That was "my bad"......got my MM's and 32nds confused or just went brain-dead somewhere during process. Just wanna get those levels corrected somewhere between the sea-level settings and mile-high, sea-level being 3/16" below carb body housing running and the way too low 28mm float level they now are. Would hate to toast it at Caly Rally in June......eek.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

I got some o rings for mine at ace hardware store.They have bunches of them.Make sure they fit around the needle valve and the od is not larger than the spring.So they wont get stuck in the hole. Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

You want to make sure that the O-rings you use are made of a material that will survive in that environment, something like Viton O-rings. I have several of the proper ones for your carbs, PM me with your address and I'll get you fixed up with some.

Larry
      Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
      82 XJ1100
      80 XS1100G (Project bike)
      64 Yamaha YA-6
      77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
      See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Yahman, PM sent.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I bought mine from Lowe's in the faucet repair section. Got a box of 20 for less than $3. The teeny tiny orings around the mixture screws, that is.
          Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Hi Motoman,
            Are these what you are looking for?

These are Metric
            Neoprene is good for gasoline.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Yahman, PM sent.
              They are in the mail, you should have them soon.

Larry
              Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
              82 XJ1100
              80 XS1100G (Project bike)
              64 Yamaha YA-6
              77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
              See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Yes, those teeny-tiny(official XS tech-term)ones. Thanks, think Yahman gots me covered.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Yes, those teeny-tiny(official XS tech-term)ones. Thanks, think Yahman gots me covered.
                  Hi Motoman,
                  OK that is good. I have a few sets if anyone needs them.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Got them today Yahman.....Thanks. Check your PM again.

Comment

Working...
                    X