H4 Bi-Xenon HID Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev.Rick View Post
    I too have tried to research the HID system with the telescoping filament with no luck. I have a conversion kit that utilizes a halogen bulb for the low beam and HID for the High beam and as already mentioned the High beam should be much brighter. Any further help or references on the telescoping bulb would be appreciated.
    Hi Rick,
    while I'm all for better lights, more photons ain't a complete answer.
    With you being a grandpa and all, how is your night vision these days?
    After I hit my mid-60s I found it best to let my wife do the after dark driving.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hey Fred,

Do a search for Bilberry IIRC supplement, takes a while for it to build up in your system, but seems to provide the nutrients necessary for recharging your night time receptors at a much faster metabolic rate than what you have now at a more mature age!

Also, have you been checked by an Eye doctor for the presence of cataracts, they cause considerable glare and can greatly diminish a person's ability to see in low light and night driving environments!?

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey is that a shot Fred? Sounds like one to me. I don't like to admit that certain things aren't what they used to be. My doctor told me on my last check up that getting old ain't for whimps. I tend to agree Oh, and BTW my wife's night vision is worse than mine!
        Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Comment

I too have tried to research the HID system with the telescoping filament with no luck. I have a conversion kit that utilizes a halogen bulb for the low beam and HID for the High beam and as already mentioned the High beam should be much brighter. Any further help or references on the telescoping bulb would be appreciated.
          Rev. Rick,

The Hi beam on these is just the bulb moving in the housing. Moves the angle of reflection moving the light up a little higher ( hope I explained that right). The Hi beam is ok in this application. I find the low beam has great output so I do not use the Hi beam.

Getting the proper headlight aiming can be a little tricky. Took me a few tries to get it just right.

I found this one here on E-Bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...Q5fAccessories

It is simular to the one I bought from Diane Shop on e bay ( I don't see it anymore).

Get a slim ballast type. It is easier to find a spot to put it.

The bulb temp you want is 6000K. Gives off a nice white light.

I hope this helps. Any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer. Let me know if you find one your interested in and I will let you know what I think.

Ozz
          Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
          Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
          Pod Filters
          DynoJet Kit
          T.C.'s Fuse Block
          Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
          Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
          V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Hey is that a shot Fred? Sounds like one to me. I don't like to admit that certain things aren't what they used to be. My doctor told me on my last check up that getting old ain't for whimps. I tend to agree Oh, and BTW my wife's night vision is worse than mine!
            Hi Rick,
            by no means a shot, consider it a warning. TC's advice re bilberry extract led me to Ocu-plus at $14 for a month's supply. The thought of having someone stick a knife in my eye to fix a cataract makes me shudder. I'll put that off until I start walking into lamp-posts in broad daylight.
            BTW, my wife has good night vision but can't operate a bike. How operating a clutch & gearshift can be beyond the comprehension of a woman who can type with all 10 fingers while simultaneously talking on the phone in two languages is a thing I just cannot understand.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

O.K. wait a second.... WTF!!!!

I found this one here on E-Bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...Q5fAccessories

It is simular to the one I bought from Diane Shop on e bay ( I don't see it anymore).
              THis dude is selling for under $12 ???~??@!~@*()&~! shipping for $33 bucks. Thats less than 50 bucks delivered....

the other kits are for 90 bucks PLUS shipping. something seems off here!!!!
              '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
              Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
              4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
              Windjammer(wiring issues)
              SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
              New paint/brakes to come!!
              ===============
              '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
              ===============
              '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
              Stock Pilots/125 mains
              Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
              SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
              LED Brake Lite
              Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Hey again Fred, thats just too funny! Maybe it has something to do with typing cause I can only type with two fingers but if they put a clutch and a shifter in an airplane I could be a fighter pilot. I too am like you; I crenge at the thought of anything sharpe coming close to my eyes as well. Momma always said eatin carrots would improve my eyesight. She was probably just trying to get me to eat my carrots
                Rev.Rick

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Comment

Thanks Ozz for the web site. I went to the sellers store and they have one listed for around $60 including shipping. I will be adding this to my wish list. I also saw a nice complete set of front and rear SS brake lines for around the same price. I put them on my XS850 and they cost me $150 from Paragon. So list list grows!
                  Rev.Rick

Comment

Originally posted by TomRodgers View Post
                    O.K. wait a second.... WTF!!!!

THis dude is selling for under $12 ???~??@!~@*()&~! shipping for $33 bucks. Thats less than 50 bucks delivered....

the other kits are for 90 bucks PLUS shipping. something seems off here!!!!
                    Tom,

I bought mine for around $60.00.

1980 XS 1100SG
                    Pod Filters
                    DynoJet Kit
                    T.C.'s Fuse Block
                    V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Here are a few more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-B...item3a4bdc621a (This is the kit that I bought.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BI-XE...item3a5545df01

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...item5d276e07ef

Read the info carefully on these ebay ads. some will let you chose the bulb color temp. Some will not.

Just make sure the bulb color temp is 6000K. Gives off a nice white light. And good penetration. Good mix.

Here is a little chart on bulb color temp.

Color Light color

15000K Blue blend with purple, worst penetration

12000K Blue blend with a little purple, poor penetration

10000K White blend with blue obviously,poor penetration

8000K White blend with blue,penetration ok

6000K White blend little yellow, good penetration.

4300K Xenon HID headlamps light is light yellow, good penetration.

3000K Golden, best penetration but lots of yellow

Hope this helps,

Ozz

1980 XS 1100SG
                      Pod Filters
                      DynoJet Kit
                      T.C.'s Fuse Block
                      V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Working...
                      X