X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any of the r1 or r6 cct ever work by chance
    80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

Theres a full list of ACCT that fit here.

I just got one last week that was off a 2001 Raptor for $9, express shipping included.
      Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
      Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
      Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
      Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
      Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
      K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
      81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

thanks a lot man. just turned the bike over and noticed that wasn't there, my first bike and i have to put it together as well. im guessing its out of time now....
        80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

You don't have a tensioner at all? If it hasn't skipped some teeth and taken out your valves Id be surprised.
          Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
          Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
          Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
          Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
          Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
          K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
          81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

correct, i turned it over, no gas in it so it didn't fire, just wanted to ensure the motor wasn't seised up.
            80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7777 View Post
              correct, i turned it over, no gas in it so it didn't fire, just wanted to ensure the motor wasn't seised up.
              What Nate's sayin is, if there is no tensioner in the engine then there is a very high probability (~99.9999%) that you wrecked some valves, even if it didnt fire... no tension on cam chain = no cam rotation = valve to piston contact = bent valves. I think you may have a big problem on your hands...

Did you take the tensioner out of the engine? Do you know where is is located or know what is looks like? Im not being rude just dont want to build anxiety or send you on a wild goose chase because you dont know what/where the tensioner is...

In order to see if you have any bent valves your going to have to reset the cam/crank timing. First, do not rotate the engine anymore until you do the following. Take the valve cover off, loosen all the cam journal caps and remove the cams so all of the valves are unloaded, turn the engine with a wrench to set the crank to the "C" mark under the left cover (remember to turn clockwise as imprinted on the little wheel). Reinstall the cams (I suggest following the manual on torque sequence) and install a cam tensioner! Then check compression and report back here.

I suppose you could check the alignment dots on the cams to see if they line up but if there truly is no tensioner in the motor when you turned it over then there is no value in checking this... Good Luck!

You might want to spend some time on here reading and searching for tips especially when it comes to engine work or you could get in over your head real quick. All the mistakes have already been made and documented on here.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by Tat2demon View Post
                Theres a full list of ACCT that fit here.

I just got one last week that was off a 2001 Raptor for $9, express shipping included.

Exactly, Raptor CCTs are plentiful and cheap, why re-invent the wheel? Just bought 2 and installed for around 20.0
                1970? Honda Z50... gone
                1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
                1974 Honda CB200... gone
                1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
                1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
                2008 Honda VTX 1800F
                1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
                1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Comment

WMARSHY, I usually work on cars, and no i did not remove the CCT(last thing i would have looked for since it had pipes and everything already installed). I had bought the bike about two months ago and the PO said that a bike shop in his town had went through the motor and did a couple thousand dollars worth of work... some mechanics if they can't put somthing as simple as this on. thanks for the advice and i'll let you guys know if i screwed the pooch or not.
                  80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

WMARSHY, I usually work on cars, and no i did not remove the CCT(last thing i would have looked for since it had pipes and everything already installed). I had bought the bike about two months ago and the PO said that a bike shop in his town had went through the motor and did a couple thousand dollars worth of work... some mechanics if they can't put somthing as simple as this on. thanks for the advice and i'll let you guys know if i screwed the pooch or not.
                    Wow, some mechanic! If you get in a bind or have questions dont hesitate to ask. Try a quick search first, you'll be amazed how many hits you'll get that suits your exact question/problem. And ifyour your looking for replacement valves, I know one member has a full set left from having some aftermarket ones made... I think he's only willing to sell the entire set not individually.
                    '79 XS11 F
                    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                    Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

If a new cam chain was in that couple thousand dollars work, you're probably in luck. I just changed mine and it was pretty tight. So, if your chain is new it may not have fallen off the crank sprocket. If the chain isn't new, I concur. The crank rotated and not the cams.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                        If a new cam chain was in that couple thousand dollars work, you're probably in luck. I just changed mine and it was pretty tight. So, if your chain is new it may not have fallen off the crank sprocket. If the chain isn't new, I concur. The crank rotated and not the cams.
                        Interesting ... it might be worth check the alignment dots on the cam to the C mark on the crank timing plate then before you go taking the cams out then. You have to remove the cam cover still.... no biggie.
                        '79 XS11 F
                        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                        Stock, no title.

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                          Interesting ... it might be worth check the alignment dots on the cam to the C mark on the crank timing plate then before you go taking the cams out then. You have to remove the cam cover still.... no biggie.
                          The dots line up when on the T mark.
                          Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                          The Green Monster
                          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                          Got him in '04.
                          bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                          Scarlet
                          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                          Got her in '11
                          Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                          Hugo
                          Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                          Cold weather ride

Comment

and i have read some talk about cleaning the excess material off the pin so that it matches the stock length, is there a set dimension for the 81 motor, i read somwhere that the cams are different over the model years and would hate to shoot myself in the foot even further than i may have already.
                            80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

Don't take anything of the plunger, you get more length with the acct's thus longer between chain changes.
                              Nathan
                              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                              K&N Filter
                              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                              OEM Exhaust
                              ATK Fork Brace
                              LED Dash lights
                              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                              SS Brake Lines
                              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

oh, thanks for the advice. and now just to wait for the mail man to bring it. any altering of the raptor acct needed.
                                80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

Working...
                                X