Marshall Deeptone Dealer in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamric,

That turns out to be the same Jardine Foreda posted earlier. The seller didn't get his reserve last time. Eight people bid on it with the top bid being $305.

Now that I studied it, I think the reason the Jardine collector hangs so low is because the muffler has to mount under the rear foot peg. This is probably a good system, but I just can't warm up to that low slung look. Remember, I am a self confessed compulsive obesssive annanly retentive individual

Just as an update, I have to rule out the Marshall Deeptone. LM Spares won't answer an email about availability or shipping cost. But the real kick in the gut is the online website Laser Exhaust uses as it's official web outlet. When I checked their terms and conditions page they specifically noted that they will not ship to the USA Crap They got some kinda bug up their you know what about us Yankees

Your offer to have someone ship one for me is very gracious and speaks kindly of your character But I think under the circumstances I have to go another route. The 62% higher cost due to the exchange rate makes that system pricey from the start. If I could purchase it from the USA, that would reduce the cost 17.5% for the VAT that wouldn't be charged. But if someone over there bought it, they would have to pay the VAT and pass it on to me. Shipping is confusing to me, but I think I would have to pay an additional 12% for customs plus a $5 fee. All these cost, plus the fact that if I had a warranty issue, Laser might just be inclined to say, Yankee go home

So here is my next rabbit trail to run down

I think I just have to bite the bullet and get a MAC 4 into 2 system with the taper tips I noticed I can slide the mufflers up so that the end is about even with the axle. The torpedo muffler isn't the look I wanted...

but it's not as offensive looking as I thought it would be. This system is the rusted up piece 'o crap that came with the bike in a box when I bought it. Advantage is that I do like the way the headers split out in front; I don't have to remove the headers for oil changes; and I can install the Lockhart oil cooler and thermostat that came with it The bike didn't come with a center stand, but I think this system will allow one

So what do you think guys, go for it...or keep looking
    My heros have always been flat trackers.

Comment

I just gotta tell ya...sourcing an exhaust system for this old XSer has got me more messed up than a one wheeled bicycle

It's been ten stinkin' months now that I been at this

Now that I finally gave it up and accepted the looks of the Mac 4 into 2 taper tip system, NO BODY HAS THEM IN STOCK I'm told Mac won't have any out until February 23rd, but they aren't known for meeting production schedules.

I would like to fire this rebuilt engine up to see what I got Would someone just put a bullet in my head OK...maybe that's too far out...how about someone just pray for me

I feel kinda like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulled the football away....AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHH Or was that scream I let out more like Howard Dean when he lost the New Hampshire primary

Woe is me
      My heros have always been flat trackers.

Comment

Working...
      X