Marshall Deeptone Dealer in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rman,

The last email reply Robert sent was that there was some trouble getting the headers over here. I've had one on order for a quite a while now and I getting closer to needing it.

I'll check the status and post it here.

My heros have always been flat trackers.

Comment

Well...it looks like something has happened here. It's been about six months and no header. I've also lost email and phone contact with Robert

Does anyone know anything about FosterRAD? I placed my order in dispute with VISA, but I'd really rather have the header

Comment

Just to let you know, Robert Foster of FosterRAD has made contact with me and the exhaust system is being delivered.

Robert's company was experiencing some trouble with phone and email connections, but that is now corrected. Laser Engineering is also experiencing some problems due to the global downturn in the economy and production has slowed. However, more of these exhausts are on their way.

I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Here is another update. The exhaust system was due to me in mid October, but didn't arrive. After a couple of phone conservasations I'm now told the system is built and will be shipped from overseas to the dealer mid November. So if I see it...it will be late November

Holy cow

Comment

W.T.F.??? I could've floated across the pond on my avitars 'assets' by now, visited the foundry, and made the friggin things myself in this amount of time!!! Not really, but damn....dropping 400 clams and not seing ANYTHING for this long.. Id be pissed!!!
            '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
            Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
            4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
            Windjammer(wiring issues)
            SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
            New paint/brakes to come!!
            ===============
            '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
            ===============
            '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
            Stock Pilots/125 mains
            Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
            SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
            LED Brake Lite
            Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

5/12/09 Got an email from Robert today. The exhaust I ordered is being packed over seas to be shipped shortly. I'll post some pics when received.
              Later.

8/6/09 The last email reply Robert sent was that there was some trouble getting the headers over here. I've had one on order for a quite a while now and I getting closer to needing it.
              I'll check the status and post it here.

9/24/09 Well...it looks like something has happened here. It's been about six months and no header. I've also lost email and phone contact with Robert

Does anyone know anything about FosterRAD? I placed my order in dispute with VISA, but I'd really rather have the header

9/29/09 Just to let you know, Robert Foster of FosterRAD has made contact with me and the exhaust system is being delivered.

11/4/09 Here is another update. The exhaust system was due to me in mid October, but didn't arrive. After a couple of phone conservasations I'm now told the system is built and will be shipped from overseas to the dealer mid November. So if I see it...it will be late November

WAY too many "the item is being delivered" Sounds like he is telling you what you want to hear.
              1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

Back Orders

Having been in business for more than thirty years I've had a couple problems over the years crop up getting parts/equipment from over seas.
                BUT when I could not deliver when quoted for a special order item which I get a deposit for I always send the customers money back and ask that if they still wanted the item I'd trust them to buy it if/when it arrived. I had one guy tell me I was full of BS, so I gave him the manufacturers rep's phone number.

Sounds like you've been scammed.

mro

Comment

There's pics of the Marshall Deeptone on the Aftermarket Exhaust list on XS1100 UK forum. And there are quotes from two guys saying that the Deeptone doesn't cause problems with the oil filter
                  Brian
                  XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                  Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Another Order

I ordered one on Oct 28th.
                    Contacted them yesterday and Robert called and E-mailed me back.
                    Hopefully they'll have some in stock end of Nov.
                    Long time to wait, but beats the alternative. (Mac).
                    Hopefully they are legit! We'll see.
                    John
                    Now: '78 XS1100E 750 FD Mod (Big Dog)
                    '81 CB900C ( 10 Speed)
                    '78 CB750F ( The F)
                    '76 CB400F ( The Elf)
                    New '82 Honda MB5 Ring Ding
                    Then: '76 CB550K
                    '78 CB750F
                    '84 VF1100S
                    And still Looking!

Comment

Contacted Robert again today. Says he has a few exhaust from Laser but the chrome is bad on the headers. Offered my money back but I elected to wait two more weeks to see how his repair effort goes. Claims he is going to have the headers blasted and redipped.

JJ, I sent you a PM.

Comment

OK, time is up and I emailed Laser Exhaust yesterday. Had a phone message to call them. Don't know why an email reply wasn't sent.

I'll call tomorrow to see what is going on now

Comment

Dammit man .I'd be p.o.Sounds like a bunch of crap .Blast and redip!

Comment

Well, I have good and bad news. Robert and I just connected on the phone and the Marshall Deeptone isn't going to happen

I'm told there is problems with the way the exhaust system is being chromed and assembled. So, I won't bore you with the gory details beyond that explanation.

The upside is that Robert has volunteered to refund my money Which is good news for me because yesterday I took the mufflers off the rusty two into one headers that came with the bike and really liked the way the headers looked. I also purchased on Ebay some used Kawasaki canisters from a ZX10 for very little. So the project now is to figure out how to mount the canisters and mate them to the headers. I can't use the engine scoop, but I don't have to remove the headers to change oil, and there is plenty of room for the oil cooler

Here is the bike with the engine scoop and Kerker four into one header mocked up.

Here is the bike with the two into one headers and no scoop.

More to come about the home made exhaust, but the message today is I'm not recommending the Marshall system for now.

Comment

Well...it's official...the Marshall Deeptone exhaust option is dead

As mentioned, FosterRAD, the dealer in New York is giving me a refund. After checking a few options, including building my own, I took another look at the Marshall system. I contacted the other US dealer located in Dayton, Ohio, and got the same story. He had discontinued his Laser Exhaust dealership because they didn't seem interested in his business and wouldn't supply his needs.

So there you go...Marshall may be a good system, but forget about trying to get one

As for Robert at FosterRAD, I do believe he is an honest guy and really did try to help me out. The problem was not with Robert, but with Laser Exhaust. Something about those folks in the Netherlands I don't understand

So my rant for the day is that I can't believe it is so impossible to get a decent replacement exhaust for this bike So it looks like reality is that the XS1100 is stuck with the Mac non-performing 4 into 1 that looks like the muffler will drag the ground when the bike is upright or the Harley Davidson torpedo muffer look For pity's sake

OK...I'm done ranting now

Comment

I have many times thought about buying the tubing and mandrel bends and fabbing one up OCC style (Not knowing a damn thing about what I am doing and trusting the guys at the chrome shop to make it right).

Then I looked at the price for mandrel bent tubing and figured it would be cheaper to just buy an OCC custom build. I can't believe the pricing on that stuff.

Maybe I need to start making friends with someone that has a mandrel bender.

I did notice though that Wayneo, the new member from Ireland, has a Marshall on his scoot...maybe he could lend insight.
                                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                                X