No announcement yet.

One for the UBER GURUS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=thewiz;202290]Soooo .... what do you think would be the right rouge if I was really gonna' buff my emulsion tubes 'til they shown like the sun, eh, Rob?

They don't need to be "buffed" just cleaned inside and out with all the holes in the sides fully opened.
    Yes once the carbs are apart it's a real good idea to pay attention to detail. It's not like their only a few years old or that parts can be found easily.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hey Don,

I'm not even mentioning the rust holes that showed up on the left side of the tank the other day.....
      The gas cap breather hole was rusted shut (I should have checked) and with the drastic fluctuations in temperatures we've been having, the morning after I replaced the exhaust I found a puddle of fuel on the floor!!!
      The tank had a series of holes on the bottom left section of the tank. Needles to say, I took it out, sanded it down to the metal, and during the next couple of days put a couple of layers of JB Weld. Luckily I found a closely matched color at Advanced (Dupli Color) and it's holding up wonderfully.
      Needless to say, I cleared the gas cap breather hole immediately..!!!
      Well, it's a really nice night, temps in the mid 70's (sorry snowbirds) and I'm going for a ride up the coast...
      Good Night Everyone...
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Nice, glad it's running again. It is nice out there tonite, pretty quiet too cause of the holiday.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Awesome evening for riding

Yes it was an incredible night for riding. Rode up to north Hobe Sound, gased up and returned to Tequesta. Stopped at a bar, had a brewski, saw a a Harley guy make an ass of himself trying to impress the ladies, had a nice conversation with a real honey and rode home. All told a very nice night. Had the XJ up over 100mph a few times for about 30 to 45 secs.... what a rush... nice and smooth too. Glad it was nighttime, couldn't see the objects blurring by....LOL.
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
          X