No announcement yet.

carb cleaning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you guys have it under control, so I'll help by drinking the beer that you guys have forgot to mention so far!

Edit : Forgot it for two whole pages no less!
    Randy

"I didn't break it! IT FAILED!"

'82 XJ1100 "yamama"
    '09 Buell Ulysses
    '01 HD softail std - crunched

Comment

Randy,
      It IS winter time. so I'm thinking they should be drinking a hot toddy, and NOT beer.
      The PROPER K&L kits have worked on my '79 standard, including all the emulsion tubes and needles. I second buying four complete kits, and starting with all new parts.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

i prefer whiskey
        40 creek, barrel select is a great choice!
        79xs11f - ugly as sin after sitting in a garage for 12 years, but rumbles like the beast that it is.

Comment

Catatonic,

I had no problems with mine either. See this thread

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ometheus+K%26L

Prom did alot of work to sort this out. I am hoping to get as lazy as him one day.

Like you I have only done one set once and just completed over the weekend. So I have no time on my parts. I got my K&L kits (although not listed as K&L) from Georgefix on ebay for about $19 a piece. They did not include the emulsion tubes or the needles, but did have all new pilot and mains and mixture screws, float valves and seats with new screen strainers and gaskets of course.

Duke, I would make sure and take note where your needle valves are set at before you remove the retainers to set your new ones (if you go that route) to the same setting for a beginning point.

I am glad your jets cleaned up so nicely, I did not recognize them. I bet your float bowls look like a trash heap based upon those jets. But they should clean up also. I would make sure to pull your drains out and any rubber gaskets that go with them prior to cleaning the bowls also. Sounds like you got all of the jets and screws out alright.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Working...
          X