Gotta love those PO's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berrien Springs

Hey Dave, I spent a lot of time up in BS chasing salmon and steelhead during my high school days. My Dad and I would go up by the dam and fish around the turbines and the sucker shacks. Only fished the Wall once, that was a little too crazy. Of course I never skipped school to go salmon fishing Having a last hour study hall with a teacher that was a fishing fanatic helped me to avoid unexcused abcences
    1979XS1100SF
    K&N's and drilled airbox
    Jardine 4in1
    Dunlop Elite 3's
    JBM slide diaphragms
    142.5 main jets
    45 pilot jets
    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
    750/850 FD mod.
    XV 920 Needle Mod.
    Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
    Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Yep when the Coho were running in that river you could just about walk across it on their backs. Wasn't great street motorcycle country up there, to straight and flat. Damn cold up there in the winter time too. I had a CB350 Honda punched out to 450 while I was in school there. Use to bomb around town and harass the BS and campus cops at Andrews University. All 3 of them
      wingnut
      81 SH (Daily Ride)
      81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
      81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
      82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
      81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hey Clark...

Get yourself some 'LOCTITE' 294 Threadlocker - Green. P/N 27935

It is a 'wicking' grade sealant, is designed for use in 'High Heat' applications and, will work through any oil and/or gas residue.

I've used it to repair an oil leak at the base of the 'cylinder head' where it meets the 'crankcase'. Did the repair last year and, so far, it's still holding.

As well, the application can be repeated from time to time, if necessary, to reinforce the seal.

(This 'fix' was suggested to me by a long time Yamaha (& other brands) mechanic.)
        1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
        1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
        1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
        1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
        2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Working...
        X