No announcement yet.

still seized!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure but I don't think so.. at least it only rounded one of the corners... bright side is there is still three solid ones to crank with... If I round another I'll regrind it to get the right amount (or more) grip without this happening again.....

Dumped the Diesel in there today, now just gonna sit and wait a week or two on it.... Just sucks cause I don't want to work on the rest of it until I know it'll run again first....

Comment

You'll probably get more leverage on it by sticking a board through the back wheel spokes while on the center stand and in gear and pushing and pulling on the board a bit to rock the wheel back and forth. (Easier than pushing the bike back and forth.. ) maybe try up and down instead of forward and back with the board so you don't push it off the center stand..

I'd just try that for a bit each day... I think that would give you more oomph than using that rotor nut on the right side.... but you could try that also. Just be more persistant than it is... it'll come loose at some point.
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I didn't think of it before but I am assuming that you can roll the beast around in neutral. I would hate for you to be doing all this if the tranny had somehow got locked up.
        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

yup, nuetral is working fine and shifting still feels the same as I remeber (little clunky into 2nd).

Comment

Ok just sounds like something I might do, work like hell to get the engine loose with a locked up tranny.
            http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Go to harbor freight and get 3 or 4 of those crappy hot air guns. With the help of a friend use all of them at once to heat the cylinders. By the time all the heat guns fail, the engine should turn over.

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
              X