No announcement yet.

gas coming out of carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt see which year and model you have but on my 80 SG if the o-ring that is under the needle seat is bad it can cause flooding.I havent had it happen to me but have seen guys on here say they have.
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

SH

Its an 81 sh I am going to try a new float and float valve. I hope this works cause I jusy got it runing good

Comment

Hey Tired,

Don't go ordering a new float until you check your old one, the plastic ones rarely go bad!!! Like Tarzan said, the 81 uses the O-ring under the float needle seat, and these can shrink, causing leaks, so with a new float needle, get the seat/O-ring. You might even be able to find a neoprene O-ring at your local hardware store that would fit!

I had rebuilt mine some 8 years ago, and they started leaking a little this year, replaced the float needles and they are good again!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

THANKS

thanks for the info. I will give that a try. What number are the float valves on mikesxs? Thanks again

Comment

needle + seat

Push-in type with o-ring, needle + clip, p/n 48-1445 at mikesxs.com.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thanks I will give that a try

Comment

Working...
              X