No announcement yet.

trans headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you still need a set of gears I might be able to help you there.
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

are they back cut??

Comment

I have no idea I just bought them and still waiting for delivery. I just picked them up to have an extra set .
        BDF Special
        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.

Comment

tinman did you just win them on sunday on ebay for like 21.00 or close to it??

Comment

yes that's the set.
            BDF Special

Comment

i will keep you in mind if i need a gear thanks

Comment

Sorry, Yes, madmax-im, I was referrring to your setup and your problem. Many have found the stock carbs to work with your setup using only minor changes.

Comment

i dont know where to get carbs but all this talk makes me want to get some hehe tranny fix is going good gears are at the machinist as we speek should have them back in few days then back on the bike then i am installing a 2005 kawasaki636 front end so thats the next project then i will think about carbs

Comment

Hi Clint,

Probably a good fork, but is it long enough?

I am a fan of more modern parts on XSs CLICK HERE! But most modern front-ends lower the bike too much; Even my antique FZR fork gives clearance problems over kerbs, although the improvements in braking and handling make it all worthwhile!

The wheel has been replaced with an 18" since the write-up.

AlanB
                    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Working...
                    X