Mono shock XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey mike

mike is that a diversion front end also on your bike and is the the diversion rear longer and or wider them our stock xs ... looks nice and clean .. ill have to keep my eye open on ebay for some diversion parts
    80 xs11 sg

Comment

Re: huh

Originally posted by xschop
      I thought the xs11 was designed to get rid of this "hop" by the reverse rotation of the crank? Someone chime in here, I know of two different ways to lengthen or shorten the xs swingarm length....
      The reverse rotation helps keep the front end down
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hi tjfisher30
        No, it's a XJR1300 front end but yes, the diversion end is longer.
        Mike Farnworth
        XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

ufo or not?

Hi! Ever seen this one in the states? Nice swingarm, monoshock AND shaftdrive:

http://www.motornet.be/modellen/0302...haBulldog.html
          XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
          MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
          Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
          Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
          Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
          Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Hi All
            Thought I'd show you how my bike's progressing... just need to make up a new wiring loom for it.

Keep revving
            Mike F
            Mike Farnworth
            XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

fork

what is the fork from what can we put on our bikes for better forks
              as ever bill
              bill hane

Comment

Hi Snowdog,

I have the front-end from an FZR1000EXUP on my bike;
                It was not a hard conversion; Head bearings, lock-stops and steering lock were all pretty similar. more details HERE!

Bike also has GSXR carbs, 4.00x17 rear wheel, braced arm, etc; You can see the rest!

AlanB
                If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

forks

thats awesome stock front yamaha wheel and rotors with spacers axel is same dia?
                  do you have chain drive on the rear?
                  as ever bill

btw thanks for repling
                  bill hane

Comment

Hi Snowdog,

If you click on the link hilighted under the photo of the bike in my reply above, you will get more info on the front-end conversion.

The rear is still shaft; This is it when I started mocking it up;

And this is the old (130/90-17) tyre alongside the new (150/70-17!)

Again, there is a ton of info on this bike and the mods on the UK forum site.

AlanB

Comment

Al, how did you get that wide tyre to fit the XS swingarm and stay centred? Or is that a wider than normal swingarm?

Comment

Hi Pggg,

The "big" tyre is 20mm wider (130 vs 150!) so 10mm per side.

The set up I used (XJ900F bevel, Diversion wheel) moved the centre-line if the wheel 9mm to the right, so the swing-arm is standard width; I have 1mm less clearance on the left, and about 19mm less on the right...... but there is a ton of space there!

As standard (before any mods!) my bike needed the swing-arm pivots wound almost all of the way over to the RIGHT to get the wheels dead in line.

I only needed to shave a few mm from the L/H pivot and a couple of other places, and wind the swing-arm pivots all the way to the LEFT to put the wheel alignment back where it should be!

Not all bikes will be the same; MOST of the XS11s I have worked on need the arm over to the LEFT to get the rear wheel in line with the front. This would make it far more difficult to sort out the alignment.

I have had to cut the lug for the brake plate off for clearance, and I need to loosen the bevel off to get the wheel into the arm, so not ideal!!

Most of the work I have done on the bike is written up on the UK forum site, but this is not quite finished, so it is not there yet. I am still waiting for a modified disc to come from the engineer, and I need to notch the brace to clear my (4-1) exhaust.

AlanB

Comment

Working...
                        X