91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

ok well that give us something to work off of and its not to far fetched to do i like it now i have a pic to go with my ideas
      80 xs11 sg

Comment

v star s/a

the shock mounts @ 30 degrees under the seat....but the s/a is 11 7/8 inch wide at the pivots.....mabe could even put a 160 tire on....possibilities
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock
        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Battery

I know that relocation the battery is a big problem for this mod. I was thinking what if you were to replace the gigantic 12 volt stock battery with two 6volt batteries. Then run the shock up the middle. I know that in the world of golfcarts two 6 volt batteries puts out way more power than one 12 volt. Just a theory!! What issues do you see with this design!!!!!!!!
          Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Just an update on Math Huskens' bike. He brought the beast to our rally in June and for some more up to date photos, check out our site here
            Don't ask about what he's done to it 'cos there's so much and very little is left from the original 120,000 mile bike. We're hoping to have an article in MC Mechanics shortly.
            There's also a good XS1100 mini moto on the site as well as a Uncle Bunt springtail XS1100 with an Alien theme.

Keep revving
            Mike Farnworth
            XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Great pics from the rally. What I saw on there really intrigued me. Where are they getting these?

I want a hydrolic clutch
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

man i want a hyd. clutch and does anyone have a idea what swing arms were use in matts or the german really i just need to know how to mod the rear wheel from something else to do the single side the rest is ez any ideas
                80 xs11 sg

Comment

Hydraulic clutch?

That conversion is relatively easy.
                  I just did that for my XS650. But why for an 11? It is a lot lighter than the 650 clutch.

Does anybody honestly believe the black bike above can be ridden?
                  XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

Yes, I'm afraid that it can be ridden but only by mad German XS1100 fans!
                    Mike Farnworth
                    XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Looks like a modified brake caliper.

Steve
                      80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                      73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                      62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                      Norton Electra - future restore
                      CZ 400 MX'er
                      68 Ducati Scrambler
                      RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Originally posted by LoserShoes
                        Looks like a modified brake caliper.

Steve
                        Nope, that should be a Kawasaki clutch cylinder.
                        XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

if you read through this thread from our uk site you will see that mike has but a 900 diversion back wheel and fitted a mono shock looks very cool http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=456.0

Comment

he's got one too!

I see that he has a 2.9 final drive also...it's the way to go...chop
                            MDRNF
                            79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Here is an R1 front clip on an XS frame. There are some issues to work out, but I know it will work. For now I am focusing on the the rear. I am trying to fit an R1 190 & rim to the XS frame. Along with a FJ rear mono.

The XS final drive ratio is a problem. The R1 rear tire is significantly smaller diameter, increasing final gear RPM. The newier final drives have a lower ratio (I think) and may be a possibility. What is the 2.9:1 ratio FD off of? I have a Vmax final drive (same form factor) to use for reference.

My project is complicated by my own design parameters. I want to keep the classic XS "F" look (tank, seat and side covers), but have a more uptodate suspension underneath.

DZ
                              Vyger, 'F'
                              "The Special", 'SF'
                              '08 FJR1300

Comment

look at the pics

I know for sure that the U.K. guy has a 2.9 final drive from the early 700 maxim or 750 seca or XJ, You can make that one work if you are using the xs11 wheel drive hub (ken talbot's logo) or much better the FD donor hub that will bolt into whatever wheel you are going to use. So are you going to keep it drive shaft?
                                MDRNF
                                79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Working...
                                X