Mono shock XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono shock XS1100

Has anyone ever tried to transplant a monoshock rear swing arm into a XS1100. I know the Virago 920 has a mono shock set up on the back. The swing arms look similar, I think this would be a cool looking mod for our vintage machines. I have seen this done on other bikes like Kaw 900's. They put a modern sport bike swingarm and shock in them, I think they use a GSXR swingarm. From talking to these guys the say it is a bolt in mod and could be changed back to stock at any time. This would inprove ride quality plus add a cool factor to our bikes.
    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Look!!!

Here is a Kaw 900 that was on ebay with the Monoshock set up. I like the look of this bike. The mono shock rear suspension and the modern inverted fork set up on the front give this vintage bike a great new look. Now can we do this with a Xs1100. We need to figure out what parts can be transplanted to make a set up like this!!! Click link to ebay.KAW-Z1
    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

monoshock

I am working on one for the xs11, the best setup I figure will be the softail dual setup, but I am also looking into a royal star monoshock setup also, because it sits beneath the bike also....chop.....whover comes up with a kit, would get my money
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock
      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

that would be very cool but how would you do a shaft to chain converson? but i like to get a modern swingarm for a cleaner look
        80 xs11 sg

Comment

I'm not

I am working on the monoshock attached to the driveshaft swingarm....I was over the chain drive long ago...plus I have a new (taller) final gear ratio....SIP SIP SIP that gas...chop
          MDRNF
          79F.....Not Stock

Comment

sweet keep me up to date i like the shaft drive just figured a chain conversion would be ezer
            80 xs11 sg

Comment

Ebay item 920 virago

This is a link to a 920 virago rear mono shock swingarm, Wonder if it is a possible candidate for a swap into a Xs1100. EBAY LINK
              Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Shock

Here is a pic of the shock that goes with the 920 rear swing arm. Has remote control valving and canister. Could be a sweet set up!!! EBAY LINK
                Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

virago

I checked that route and you could make it work, BUT you would have to cut the shock bracing off the 920/750 and reweld to the xs11 swingarm, Plus relocate the battery...chop
                  MDRNF
                  79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Forks?

Anyone have ideas about the inverted forks?? Denny Z had something going on with a set of r-1 forks. Did he get them to work?
                    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

swing-arm

Well, here we go again. The V-star swingarm will mount to the xs11 pivot points. I measured the swingarm myself...if you want to go that route,still would have to relocate battery....
                      MDRNF
                      79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Battery

Could the battery be relocated to the front of the front down tube like on this bike. Suzuki Boulevard.
                        I think it would look fine on the down tube. You could probaly transplant the entire battery box fron the Suzuki. They have a nice oil cooler also. As seen in the pics!!!!!!!
                        Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

If the V-star swingarm fits the pivot points, why will the battery need changing???

Comment

i thought stereo wuz betta

click on picture to engorge

"a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                            History
                            85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                            79 yamaha xs1100f
                            03 honda cbr 600 f4
                            91 yamaha fzr 600
                            84 yamaha fj 1100
                            82 yamaha seca 750
                            87 yamaha fazer
                            86 yamaha maxim x
                            82 yamaha vision
                            78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

sweet

alright now were talking so were did the wheels come off and what did the forks come off of
                              80 xs11 sg

Comment

Working...
                              X