NC Ride Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E0

There is yet another aspect of the E0 worth mentioning. I have two 4-wheelers that have cost me $160 for one and $240 for the other to have the carburetors repaired by the dealer as a result of using gas with ethanol. Since I have gone to E0 in these machines, I have better performance and no dealer repair bills. Hurrah!

On my 11s, I have been using E0 for quite some time. I have noticeably better performance, much better fuel mileage, and I would be willing to bet that frequent carburetor rebuilds have become a thing of the past. My Venturer gets 36 MPG with E10 and 42-45.5 with E0.

E0= more MPG, better performance, no more fuel system contamination/repair bills.

Looks like another .50/gallon for E0 ends up costing you less than E10 in the long run.
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
      Greg,

I would pay the .50/gal extra for performance alone much less better mpg. I would even cut back on beer to pay for it.

John
      My bike seems to run better on the cheap stuff, probably because that's what it's tuned for. I haven't touched my carbs in 3 - 4 years other than to check sync now and then.

I LIKE BEER!!!!!!!!!!!
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
      X