No announcement yet.

Electrical assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Geezer still sell his crimper? Or, am I thinking of vintageconnections.com?
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
      Does Geezer still sell his crimper? Or, am I thinking of vintageconnections.com?
      He does. His does only open barrel crimps as he lists no other dies. Just the same, it's a good deal.
      Oregon Motorcycle Parts
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

I stopped in half a dozen places this morning and nobody has uninsulated connectors, butt and spade. No problem on Amazon but only in quantity. Haven't heard back from Mr Geezer. I think I'll pick up his crimper.
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
          I stopped in half a dozen places this morning and nobody has uninsulated connectors, butt and spade. No problem on Amazon but only in quantity. Haven't heard back from Mr Geezer. I think I'll pick up his crimper.
          Dean, check those 'specialty' drawers as I call them at Tru-Valu or Ace.....almost guarentee they'll be hiding in one of those.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

This is what you're looking for. 18-22 gauge fits most of the wiring.

Geezer's crimper is single purpose.

This frame is $30. Adding dies is a bargain. www.proskit.com

open barrel for your connector replacement

fuse box replacement flag terminals

uninsulated terminals

more if you need them. Do it right! Do it once!
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Nice!........fortunately I have a nice set of Snap-On crimper/stripper ones that do ALL angle of spark plug wire terminal ends also, along with the different 'pinch' stlye locations. Have had it for decades, gets little use, but one of those tools, if needed, nothing else suffices......if doing it correctly the FIRST time.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

BTW, Dean.....for which bike are these being sourced for,(since I know the diliema with the other also)?

Comment

The Pro's Kit has dies available for spark plug wires. Four pages of dies. Maybe they fit your Snap-on tool?
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                    The Pro's Kit has dies available for spark plug wires. Four pages of dies. Maybe they fit your Snap-on tool?
                    No, it's an all-in one fixed locations, but can be a pain getting in tight locations for wire connector crimping alone associated with repairs/ replacement. Have done it, but designed to make correct crimping BEFORE installation. But, when its use is needed bad , I ususally figure out the angle of the dangle.

Comment

That's what makes this tool so useful. It fits in the hole and does a good job with high temp terminals.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

This frame is $30. Adding dies is a bargain. www.proskit.com
                        Marty, does this frame ratchet? and is that a good thing or is non ratchet preferable?
                        80 SG
                        81 SH in parts
                        99 ST1100
                        91 ST1100

Comment

Marty, does this frame ratchet? and is that a good thing or is non ratchet preferable?
                          Yes, it ratchets. If the tool is decent quality, the ratchet type should give the most accurate crimp.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

While I was working for Raytheon. I added a lot of Daniels Mfg. tooling to my box-o-tools. Still making my life easier with them. A set of Greenlee ratcheting crimpers is a close second.
                            '82 XJ11
                            '02 Triumph Trophy
                            '97 Buell S1 Lightning
                            '92 Buell RS1200 (WestWind)
                            '82 KZ750R1 (GPz)

Comment

Working...
                            X