No announcement yet.

TECHNA-FIT S/S Braided Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went on my first ride today, and I gotta admit that I was not too impressed with the difference between S/S lines and stock. Keep in-mind that I may not have them bled of air 100%, but I do have a firm front and rear pedal.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Did anyone get a set sent in for the Special/Midnight Special? I'd like to purchase a new set of lines, but would prefer not sending a donor set from Alaska. Shipping is bad enough one way.
      1980 XS1100 Midnight Special
      1980 XS400 Special - (cafe project)
      2009 Polaris 600 RMK (got to ride something in the winter)

Comment

I have both bikes all complete and ready to run, so I hate to pull a line off of one of them. If I only had the dang line from the MC to the splitter, I would have brought a set with my today. I went right through Indy tonight and will be back there tomorrow. Maybe I can find one for cheap at a junkyard to send them for a template.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

It will be awhile before I road test mine, hoping for a better stop performance. If not, well, I guess it's a peace of mind thing with no worries of a leaky rubber set of lines. Still more or less in the throes of winter up here.
          Last edited by MarkD; 03-18-2014, 08:41 PM. Reason: misspell
          79 F
          Previously owned: (among others)
          1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
          1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
          1973 Suzuki TM 125
          1979 XS1100 F
          2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
          1991 BMW K75

Comment

Don't expect miracles. They're an improvement, but subtle.

Somebody on here recommended SBS ceramic pads some time ago. I went that route. They are a big improvement over what was on there.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Do I understand correctly that the same rear brake hoses are shared between all XS1100? If so, I can probably send in the front three off my bike. We just got 18" of snow, so it isn't going anywhere, and they are the original factory lines: stamped 2/80. Let me know, and I'll contact Techna-Fit.

Comment

Yes, I believe so. Sorry about the snow.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Yes, the rear is the same on all XS1100s except the 81 MNS. The front brakes are the same on all Specials, except the 81 MNS.

I also feel for you getting all that snow.

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

I just sent Chris a message. I can get the front three lines in the mail as soon as I hear back from him.

Comment

The hoses are in the mail. I'll post some pictures and report how they fit on the XS1100LG when they arrive.

Comment

Awesome, looking forward to seeing how they fit for you! Thanks for sending your lines!!!

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

add to list

Just wondering did Chris say they would add lines to the vintage order list along with the ones for 79F which were also bolt off bolt on for my 80g 19' single rear line fit perfect just had to take off rear MC to install couldn't get fat fingers in there to bolt on.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this for any & all interested in Stainless Steel lines for their XS/XJ or any application for that matter. Do you have something that needs Stainless Steel brake lines? Techna-Fit will take care of you. Unsure of all those clocking angles, lengths, etc.? Just send them your old lines, and they'll send you new ones right along with your old ones. Any color you want!

Btw, check-out that sexy yellow Yamaha XS11 in their testimonials and product page

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41485

Headquarters, Manufacturing and Assembly Plant

Office Hours: 8am to 5pm Eastern Time

Address: 486 Southpoint Circle, Suite 104, Brownsburg, Indiana 46112

Telephone: 317-350-2153
                            Fax: 317-350-2164

Stuart Trotter - President
                            Email: stuart@techna-fit.com

Chris Herman - Operations Manager
                            Email: chris@techna-fit.com

Lani Trotter - Advertising & Marketing
                            Email: lani@techna-fit.com
                            Last edited by IanDMacDonald; 07-05-2015, 07:39 AM.
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Bump. I didn't even pay for my lines (they gave them to me for free), and I put absolutely no work into getting them to work. And, they're over half the cost of competitors . . .

Give them a call, or check their website out.
                              1979 XS1100F

Comment

I ordered a set for my 81SH project. The only problem was the banjos for the front distribution block to the calipers were off 180°. A quick call to them and they shipped corrected lines overnight.

No complaints here. I like them better than the Russel lines on my XJ and you'll be hard pressed to beat the price.
                                82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                                Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X