Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TECHNA-FIT S/S Braided Brake Lines

Introducing: Techna-Fit S/S Braided Brake Lines

I was looking for an alternative vendor for stainless steel braided brake lines and saw a fellow forum member suggest Techna-Fit. I clicked-on the link and saw that they fabricated customized lines. I was clueless as to clocking, banjo angles, etc., so I sent Chris Herman, Techna-Fit's Operations Manager, an email (chris@techna-fit.com). I relayed my concerns to Chris regarding the lines, and the specifications I was looking for. Chris quickly responded, and asked that I send in the lines for the best fit for my bike.

A week later and look what shows-up on my door step via UPS:

Package Invoice:

Package Contents:

And, nicely sealed, original lines and S/S lines:

Included in the Kit are four lines, one from the Master Cylinder to the Splitter, two lines from the splitter to the respective calipers, and a completely original one-piece line going from the rear Master Cylinder to the rear caliper:

Also included in the kit, banjo bolts and copper washers:

Here are the lines compared to the original lines:

As you can see, Techna-Fit even duplicated the mounting bushings for the front and rear lines.

I found that after ordering these lines from Techna-Fit, they made it even easier for us XS owners to attain these lines by using their website @ http://www.technafitstore.com/category-s/41044.htm Click-on "Vintage Motorcycle" in the left-hand side of the screen, and then click-on "YAMXS1100F ". This will take you to the following screen:

Click-on "Add to cart", and those lines will be to you door in no-time! Of course, if you have any concerns, questions, or comment, Techna-Fit would love to assist you. You may contact them via any of the means below:

Headquarters, Manufacturing and Assembly Plant

Office Hours: 8am to 5pm Eastern Time

Address: 486 Southpoint Circle, Suite 104, Brownsburg, Indiana 46112

Telephone: 317-350-2153
    Fax: 317-350-2164

Stuart Trotter - President
    Email: stuart@techna-fit.com

Chris Herman - Operations Manager
    Email: chris@techna-fit.com

Lani Trotter - Advertising & Marketing
    Email: lani@techna-fit.com

I look forward to the Spring-time and seeing how great these lines are. Happy stopping.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Hey Ian-- these lines look like a fairly perfect match. I am interested in your install, as to a final say on fit and finish. Was there a problem with your old lines, or are you doing a better safe than sorry replacement? I know there was a long thread on old rubber lines. Mine look good, I pulled hard on the lever, and felt no swelling on the lines, as someone had suggested, but I'm thinking S. Steel may be a good insurance policy against line failure.
    79 F
    Previously owned: (among others)
    1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
    1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
    1973 Suzuki TM 125
    1979 XS1100 F
    2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
    1991 BMW K75

Comment

Well, you could probably go the rest of your riding days with OEM lines with minimal issues. BUT, the fact that the manual says to replace every FOUR years, and this bike is 35 years old, means that it should have had almost nine sets of lines already. Rubber breaks down, and you & I know that to be fact. At what point in your 80 mph riding do you want to find-out how long it takes 35 year-old OEM lines to spring a leak? Also, this is the first year I have extra money that is not paying for this or that, etc. So, it's time to pamper the XS. Also, the raw stopping power of brake lines that don't swell versus our lines was my ultimate reason behind switching over. You say you don't see swelling, but I can almost guarantee it's happening. I'll mount these lines after all of the other mods are complete.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

SS brake lines

Hello all !!
        A big round of applause for Ian for finding a source for reasonably priced
        ss brake lines,
        Ian,I see that you use superbiker handlebars.
        Did you have the upper line reduced in length to accommodate for them or just go with stock length?
        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

RD- I have used stock length brake lines on all bars I've had on here (OEM, Euro, Daytona, Superbike), so I saw no issues going stock length with the S/S lines. We'll see though.
          1979 XS1100F

Comment

Point taken, Ian. Looks like a set of these lines are in my future. Thanks for the info and finding a good source for the lines.
            79 F
            1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
            1973 Suzuki TM 125
            1979 XS1100 F
            2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
            1991 BMW K75

Comment

SS Lines

Hi Ian,

+1 here on a job well done. I and others have paid "through the nose" for these lines from other sources. It is good to see what appears to be a very good product for considerably less [/B]cost than I have paid to another vendor. The next set(s) that I need will be ordered form Techna-Fit.

Mike
              Last edited by MPittma100; 02-09-2014, 07:51 PM.
              1981 XS1100H Venturer
              K&N Air Filter
              ACCT
              Custom Paint by Deitz
              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
              Stebel Nautilus Horn
              EBC Front Rotors
              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Received TechNa-Fit Brake Lines

http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/ke...ee7a8.mp4.htmlI thought of doing it this way so I didn't load the thread with a lot of pictures and writing just click stop to read posting. Maybe Ian can post his actual measured lengths again mine are for the 79F to try on 80G.

Comment

Good video Newbee! But, who the heck doesn't like pics, lol? I have not even attempted to check to see if they fit or not. My hope & prayer is that they do, or I will make them
                  1979 XS1100F

Comment

OK, Ian, just ordered the TechnaFit lines. Looking forward to a 'peace of mind' change in my system. Thanks for helping to get these available for us XS owners.
                    79 F
                    1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                    1973 Suzuki TM 125
                    1979 XS1100 F
                    2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                    1991 BMW K75

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                      I have not even attempted to check to see if they fit or not. My hope & prayer is that they do, or I will make them
                      Ian, I do hope you have tried them by now. How did they fit? Just want to be sure of the fit, so not too many order them on a "hope and a prayer". I am extremely happy if they fit as I did not much like the price of the ones I did, but what does one do? If they are a good fit and are cheaper then I am not allergic to trying them myself.
                      2-79 XS1100 SF
                      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Hey Ras- Yes, they fit great. I think the rear line rubbers may be backwards, but that was not a concern for me. Also, for the front rubbers, the stock mount brackets are too wide, so you have to figure something out regarding that.
                        1979 XS1100F

Comment

I have a set of lines of a special, all but the line from the front MC to the splitter. I'd be happy to send them in if they would be beneficial. May even pull the front MC line off the SG, still need to get that exhaust fixed and painted before it is ready to ride anyway.
                          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                          93 GSX600F
                          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                          81 XS1100 Special
                          81 CB750 C
                          80 CB750 C
                          78 XS750

Comment

Hey Don- The company is right next-door in Indiana, so it would not take long for them to hold your lines . . .
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Heck, I'll just drop them off on my next trip to Chicago or even Indy.
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                              X