No announcement yet.

TECHNA-FIT S/S Braided Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, at this point they only make them for the F, or would they also fit the 1980 Special?
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
      So, at this point they only make them for the F, or would they also fit the 1980 Special?
      If they have them for the F, they have them for the E, G, and maybe the H. The Special is going to require another donor set for the front. I believe the SF, SG, LG, and SH are all the same.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Ordered lines Monday, and they came in the mail today. Not sure when they'll be installed, as I won't be able to get to them for awhile. Anyway, still 33" of standing snow in front and back yard.
        79 F
        Previously owned: (among others)
        1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
        1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
        1973 Suzuki TM 125
        1979 XS1100 F
        2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
        1991 BMW K75

Comment

Yeah, I was in no rush to put mine on either. Hell, just got the darn things bled this morning. I just want the bike ready for that first nice day of weather.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Moving my bike around after I got the engine in. Hit the front brake and was impressed with the dive the forks take, the brakes hold so well. U can literally hear the fork oil slosh around.
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Glad to hear those S.Steel lines are all good. I have started the replacement process by draining all the fluid for the front end. No hurry, just was so nice out today.
              79 F
              1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
              1973 Suzuki TM 125
              1979 XS1100 F
              2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
              1991 BMW K75

Comment

Front lines installed. Excellent fit.
                79 F
                1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                1973 Suzuki TM 125
                1979 XS1100 F
                2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                1991 BMW K75

Comment

I need to track down the line from the front MC to the splitter, I know it is somewhere in the man cave. Then I can give them a set for the Special.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Geez, get it done. I am going to need a set, but don't want to quit riding it.
                    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                    A quick death and an easy one.
                    A pretty girl and an honest one.
                    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

If the clocking of the banjos are the same between the two bikes, just call Chris and tell him to shorten them up for you.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

The rear lines will be the same. The front three will be different. The difference in caliper design as well as the difference in handle bars changes the clocking and maybe angles of the fittings as well as length. I looked in all my normal placed, but no luck on the front MC line.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

Front lines tightened. Rear MC cleaned and reassembled. Rear line on and tightened, all I need to do now is run out and get some new Brake fluid, fill, bleed, and should be set to go. Great fit for all aspects of the Technafit lines.
                          79 F
                          1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                          1973 Suzuki TM 125
                          1979 XS1100 F
                          2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                          1991 BMW K75

Comment

Just curious as to what brake fluid u'll be using MarkD I put Dot 3 in, as I had a gallon of it sitting around?
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

The MC top calls for DOT 3, so I'll use that. The rear MC was really not too dirty, just a little gunky there, all cleaned up and ready to go.
                              79 F
                              1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                              1973 Suzuki TM 125
                              1979 XS1100 F
                              2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                              1991 BMW K75

Comment

O K-- Filled MC in front, opened bleeder valve, put on a clear tube, and sucked until brake fluid came out, then did the open bleeder, pull lever, then close bleeder trick. Repeated a few times, no air in fluid after a few pulls. Same for rear, and it only took about 10 minutes total. Upon pulling lever, or pushing down pedal, I'm noticing a rock hard feel, much better than the old rubber lines. Will road test later, seeing that it's 18* here, and still around 20 inches of snow still on the ground. You Canadians got nuthin' on us Michiganders. I'm thinking it'll be like someone said: the difference will be like non-power brakes to power brakes. Glad I switched.
                                79 F
                                1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
                                1973 Suzuki TM 125
                                1979 XS1100 F
                                2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
                                1991 BMW K75

Comment

Working...
                                X