Dyna Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
    And if you don't have a sander you could check your wifes bedside drawer..., or handbag..
    Not gonna find anything of help there.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      Not gonna find anything of help there.
      Batteries are dead eh? sorry had to do it...

for my rear tire I seated the bead, removed the valve stem and used a slime sealant tube that hadn't been used yet on the end of a funnel attached the hose to the valve and poured the beads in while hold a dremel to the nozzel to vibrated the beads into the tire...worked great for the rear tire anyway...now to get the front one to seat the bead...
      Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
      Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

My review after first test ride with Dyna Beads...Rode to work, about 25 mile ride...

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
        Yeah , here is where we really lose the non believers. You may find your tires last longer. Be sure and give us a follow up.
        Ok so i rode to work today with the dyna beads in my bike...at the moment I'm not sure exactly how i feel about them, they do work as far as riding though, no wobble or shake or vibrations, what i have noticed isn't actually on the side of riding straight but cornering...I haven't done any good twisties or mountain riding yet since my tires aren't broken in yet but as soon as they are I'm going to see whats up...anyhow, what i've noticed in what corning i have done is that it feels like i have magnets attached to my tires holding them in whatever possition i put them in...Its hard to explain...i can feel that more surface area of my tire is meeting with the pavement...in some ways that is good as keeping contact with the ground is always good...i'm hoping that means less chance of a spill, on the other side of things it makes the steering feel a little heavy going into the corner making me feel like i have to slow a little more going into the corner than what i'm used to, i'm actually wondering how this is going to affect me when i do have to slow down when already in the corner, How it will affect my trail breaking will be interesting to see...as even now i can feel the bike being quicker that before to come back up to an upright possition... This side of things could be a good thing on the side that it could be a huge asset in an emergency to get the bike upright and stopped...my stopping distance has not changed any...i suspect it will actually get a little shorter after the tire break in period being that more surface area of the tire is meeting the road causing more friction and less chance of a skid when stopping hard...

MORE TO COME!
        Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
        Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

I've got a couple of hundred miles on new tires with Dyna beads riding alone and with the wife on. The bike feels stable rolls along nice and still corners well. I haven't found a problem with the beads. Supposed to make the tires last longer too, OK.

Semper Fi

Loud pipes draw cops

81 XS1100 Special
          79 XS1100 Special ( project bike can't decide to bob it out or stock it up)

Comment

I've used Dyna beads on my last three bikes and on my 81 Goldwing they helped me skip the normal balancing and help clean up the wheels because of no external weights. I also use them on my FZ1 and it's stable at speeds far greater than the XS is capable of. I have them ready to go the XS when I change the tires this spring. What I do is get the new rubber on, inflate it to get it so seal, the deflate it, take the valve core out and pur in about 1 1/2 ounces of beads, put the valve core back in and inflate to propper pressure. I've found th performance to be great, no wobble or other riding problems and the tires wear well. The draw backs are they can't be re-used and if you have a geometry problem with the front end it aint gona fix that. It does help to have a straight valve core stem and rotate it to the bottom of the wheel so you can pour them straight down. You can do it with angled valve cores but it takes more time and patience.
            Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Comment

You forgot to add that they work best with the rear tire infalted to 40+ psi. CZ

Comment

Dyna bead fan here.

I rode with Dynabeads for about 49k on my last bike. Just bought the XS and do not have them installed yet.
                They WORK.
                I tried them in desperation on a tire the BMW dealership could not get balanced.
                Wrote about it here:
                http://cliffsriffs.blogspot.com/2009...-way-dyna.html

and again here:

http://cliffsriffs.blogspot.com/2008...ires-with.html
                Cliff Yankovich
                79 XS11 Bobber

Comment

Working...
                X