Dyna Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyna Beads

has anyone used Dyna Beads? how would u rate them if u do...Dyna Beads How it works...
    Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Most seem to say they are a waste of money. Get a proper balancing done and be done. Everyone I know that has bought them took them out pretty quick.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

When we worry about what most say.....Now I have used them, am right now in two bikes. They work. Period. Most who say they dont havent ever tried them!
      I use bb's in the mud truck tires. THEY WORK.
      Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

I will agree that they do work very well in large tires (especially ones that tend to lose large chunks of the tread at times) but any of the people I know haven't liked them in regular tires.

I will say I have never used them in a bike or car tire.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

well I hope they work, I drove 50 Miles to get them, spent 20 dollars on them so i'm hoping they work...the Owner of the place i got them at says he has them in his bike, and uses them in a lot of others, and says they work great. told me how to install them and how much to use...if they dont work well enough for my bike i'll take em out and put em in my quads front tires, they dont need to be ballanced anyway and this can only improve handling on that side. If they do work then I'll have saved at least the cost of a tire balancing kit. not to mention that i can re-use them every 7000 miles or so that i change my tires out, and since im putting the tires on myself i'll be saving about 80 per tire for the labor involved. If they dont work, im out the gas it took to get them, and 20 bux for them, on the good side I found a great place to buy bike stuff from. Got a new michilin for 98 bux from a place in redlands, ca and was going to get a new carb sinc tool for 50 but decided not to because i want a kit of 4 not just 2. if these work im going to put them in my xs1100...right now they are going on a Marauder 1600...should be interesting anyway!

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Yeah , here is where we really lose the non believers. You may find your tires last longer. Be sure and give us a follow up.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

my question to you is

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
              Yeah , here is where we really lose the non believers. You may find your tires last longer. Be sure and give us a follow up.
              my question to you is, do you use 1g or 2g in your tires?

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

I use two ounces in both. Alot use just one in the front.

Comment

Have run Dyna beads in the XJ for a while, including long runs such as Colorado to Olympia, Washington. They work as advertised.

Pay attention to getting the right cores for the tire stems. Putting the beads in through the tire stems took some patience. I ran about 1.5 oz in front, 2.5 in rear (both tires are Dunlop Elite 3)

The XJ is semi-retired now, but plan to put the beads in my '06 Concours before I take any long trips this summer.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I think im going to start off with 2 in rear and as close to 1 without going over 1.5 in the front for now, then add the rest later if the front has vibration...and i really like the idea of recycling them in later tire changes...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Do a search for "Dyna Beads" and "Balancing Beads" if you really want a can of worms.

Some people seem to have trouble grasping the simple physics of it but most reports are positive.
                      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I have them in my front tire on my 750 and I think the shop who put them in didnt properly measure the amount. Although I have no significant complaints, Im not sure its balanced and I will go with regular weights next time for personal preferences.
                        79 Special
                        2012 FJR1300
                        78 E (project. Clutch problems from PO) Must sell

Comment

I gotta get the front wheel on first...before i can find out how they work...LOL! STUPID BEAD SEATING!!!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Just for info, if you put them in already mounted tires. As mentioned you should change stems. Some valves may need drilled out a bit. You can get an applicator bottle and short length of hose.
                            Holding a vibrating sander (without paper on it of course) against the stem makes it go way faster.

Comment

And if you don't have a sander you could check your wifes bedside drawer..., or handbag..
                              1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                              2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
                              X