No announcement yet.

Suzuki Bandit 1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tall are you Marty? I'm 6'5", and a lot of legs. I find the Bandit more comfy than the Max, even with the Corbin seat being lower than the stocker. Go sit on one, better yet, go ride one!!!

Gotta say tho, the Kaw ZRX1200 is very ergo... fine bike. Whatever Kaw you tried, it couldn't have been the ZRX12, it is very roomy. It is the 'Bandit' of the Kawasaki line.
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I am an inch shorter. But I have long legs. Mostly it's the knees won't stay scrunched for hours, like when I was young. Heck, a Bug-Eyed Sprite was only a little problem, years ago. Now I don't think I could screw myself into one.

That Kaw was a big green crotch rocket thing. LOTS o' plastic. Maybe it was a ZZ something. Not sure how those would be on a trip, but just seems you ball yourself up one them.

Until you mentioned the Bandit could be "opened up," and seeing the tricks on the some visual mods some have done, I was not interested in the Bandit. I had my reservations about the company because it did not stand out, performance-wise, in the nekkid crowd. But now I know why, as you said they choked it,

When they all started coming out with th nakeds, I saw the FZ1 and was very interested. And, I do like the clean style of the that naked Kaw, even with that little fairing. Reminds me a little of the 78E, which I also like - profile, square light, the whole thing was pleasing. I also like the Bandit now, seeing what you guys have done. But I am sure nothing will change here till spring. Might make a mid-winter visit to see if they will dicker...

See the XJR?

Thanks!
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
      X