No announcement yet.

other rides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So CHOPPER what do you think now? Seems like it has been a while since we heard from ya!
    Garry
    '79 SF "Battle Cat"
    outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Mine are in sig. Ive had my 82 XJ1100 for 10 years now. Longest Ive kept anything. Just got a 97 Vmax last month. I am not going to part with the maxim just yet. I still enjoy riding it. I thought the Maxim was quick! Till I got on the Vmax!!
      97 Vmax, 88 Corvette convertible, 82 XJ100 gone to a new owner (sellers remorse is a horible thing)

Comment

I have a '77 kz400 that I rode for years before I bought my XS....BIG difference! try going from a 400cc twin to...well...you know
        I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

bikes

i have rode Kawasaki"s pretty well all my life bought an xs 650 a few years back and was totally hooked on them . I now have 4 of them i also have an original kawasaki z1 and an 04 zx10 . I bought the xs11 a month ago and so far have not been able to ride it much everytime i fix something somthing else quits working,When i did ride it i liked it really smooth not as fast as i thought and really heavy hopefully i'll get everything fixed so i can ride it..

Comment

Since my first post, a few changes have been made. I still have the '79 XL250S and my wife still has her '82 CX 500 Custom.
            However, following my name is my other "rides", all licensed and insured. The 250 isn't licensed.
            Greg
            '80 XS1100-G
            '87 GL1200-I
            '93 KLX650-C

Comment

Wow, havent seen this thread in awhile.

Im now riding (as many know) a Honda Valkyrie. Went from the power bike of the 70's-80's to the power bike of the 90's-00's.

I love it and will never give it up without a fight. But now that I have a house and garage again, Im pineing for another XS. Hopfully soon I will be able to purchase one.

Peace.
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Mine are in my sig.

Seems I am on the only guy with a Beemer as his back up bike. They are a lot easier to get parts for.

I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Pain, you are not the only one. I have a 1979 R100RT as my backup ride along with a VTR 250 Honda
                  Ron Moss
                  1979 xs 1100 yamaha special (sold)
                  1984 honda v65 magna (sold)
                  1984 vtr 250 intercepter
                  1975 250 TL Honda
                  2006 Kawsaki Concours
                  1979 R100RT BMW

Comment

My other bike is an XS11!

Comment

I've had my 1980 XS1100 for the last 4 years before that I had a 1979 xs650 which I really liked. I also had a 1979 triumph bonneville 750 that also was a great bike.
                      "Runnin wild, with a smile, I was burnin up the road with style. Feel the power 90 miles and hour, baby these wheels can fly......" MSO Music 2006

Comment

My other main squeeze is a '72 BSA 750 Rocket Three. But another favorite is the '69 Kawasaki Bushmaster 90. Then again, I like the little '78 Yamaha DT1 also. My next project (after I finish the '78 CB400TII Hawk) will be a '70 CL450. Or else the '82 XS650, I don't know. (Maybe the TX 750?)
                        If it aint broke....it aint mine!:(
                        80G The Big unit
                        72 BSA Rocket Three "Main Squeeze"
                        84 GS1150ES "Big Sue"
                        79 Special (Tomcat's) as yet unnamed

Comment

NHBandit69, I liked the Blackbird a lot....thought I was gonna buy one for a long time. Signals in the mirrors, I'm a big fan of. But I also love single-sided swingarms. I bought this Beemer in Oct. and, well, it's perfect to me.. Funny though, that Blackbird would still keep up with me, even though it cost much less.
                          Pain, You're not alone.

1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
                          1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
                          1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
                          2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
                          2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

The latest object of my desire

I think I'm in love with this one.
                            The other 5 bikes that share the same space with this one have become coat racks, skate board service stations, cool places to hang extension cords and great places to bash my nee's and shins on. Soon I will be selling off some of those bikes, just doesn't seem right to leave them sit around collecting dust. I will regret gettin rid of them, I always do, but there's someone out there that needs a bike to ride and I have way too many.

I went originaly to look at the Scrambler, but this one was just so damn purtty. I did sit on a couple of BMWs- freakin nice machines, but they were just not me plus they are waaay over priced!

07 Triumph Bonneville

Comment

well i got all the xs`s that i liked so i went and got this

well you got to spoil your self sometime as no one else will...
                              but i still got this baby as well

Comment

As my sig says, I have an 82 XV750J Virago, and a Suzuki GT750 Triple Water Buffalo.

The Suzi runs, but needs some seals deep in the crankcase.

The Virago I actually got as part of a trade. I had an 85 Honda Shadow 1100 for 14 years. I traded it 4 or 5 years ago for a 12'x58' mobile home, which I live in and the Virago came with the trailer.

My XS I have a total of about 4km on, so far. I bought it last fall for $500, and it's been apart ever since. Bent a valve or two and it burned oil like a mosquito fogger. Once I got the head and barrels off, I noticed it has a couple stiff rod bearings.

So far, next to the Suzuki, the XS has been the most troublesome bike I've ever owned.
                                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
                                X