No announcement yet.

other rides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't have any other bike, but have an '86 Polaris Trailboss 250 2x4 (ATV) that gets ridden year 'round!
    Richard
    '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
    '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

• I've had a Yahmaha 550 and the XS1100 Special. And of course there's the custom chopper I've been tryin' to build for the last 5 years...... Making sloooooooowwwww progress.

1980 Yamaha XS1100 Eleven Special

Comment

• What a great collection of bikes are owned by forum members. A pretty diverse group that are all brought together by the XS11. I like threads that have been going for a while, so I'll make a little contribution.

I love motorsickles. All kinds, shapes, sizes, it doesn't matter to me. I can't remember having a bad time riding ANY old motorbike. In that spirit, here are the bikes (not including my sweet old XS11) in my garage at present...

'77 XS750 (building a new tailpiece and seat right now), this bike is fun...

'82 Ironhead Sportster, pulls hard off the line, wheelies and curb hops with ease, makes me feel like a bit of a hooligan...

'76 FX1200, bored and stroked, e-start and kicker, Super B, wide glide front end. Tons of torque, pulls like a bizatch, corners surprisingly well and is a blast to ride. Plus it has just a teeny tiny itty bit of molding. I like it...

Sitting on the lift right now is an '83 Honda Nighthawk 650 that is gonna be chopped and hardtailed. I need to get some more DOM tubing and get to welding. I'll be back with pics when it's finished.

Comment

• my first bike is a 77 xs720 2d I bought a couple months before the xs1100. Hey shacknasty, how do you think the 750 performs with the 1100? These are my first bikes and i just dont like riding the 750 anymore because it just dont have the power. It only has 16 thousand miles on it but the carbs may not be right.
          Jeff
          77 XS750 2D completely stock
          79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

• Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
            my first bike is a 77 xs720 2d I bought a couple months before the xs1100. Hey shacknasty, how do you think the 750 performs with the 1100? These are my first bikes and i just dont like riding the 750 anymore because it just dont have the power. It only has 16 thousand miles on it but the carbs may not be right.
            The small(er) XS should have plenty of power for you... if set up marginally right.
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

• other bike

My other ride "Izzy"

Don
              1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

• Also own a 2000 Honda XR400R.... thats what I ride in the off season
                Don
                1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
                1989 kawi ex500
                1996 yzf-r6
                1999 yzf-r1
                2001 kawi zx-6r
                2000 Ducati 748
                2002 YZF-R1
                2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

• My old ride,98 Vulcan
                  FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                  1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                  1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
                  X