other rides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elevenator View Post
    I recently added this to my stable. The wife wanted something a bit more "sophisticated" for road trips. And she wanted some way to haul a couple dozen pair of SHOES!

Haven't really even gotten to trip this machine yet. Tode it home from Colorado last Sept. And I've taken it to Arkansas last fall. The power delivery is very similar to an XS11. I've compared dyno curves of an XS11 to the 1150RT and they are very similar. Even the torque curves are similar except the boxer makes a little more steam in the mid range. But max torque and max HP are very similar. on both bikes.

One major diff...the my 1150 holds 6.6 gallons and gets 45 mpg easily (50 if you throttle back to 65-70 mph). So the range is far superior to the Eleven.
    Very Nice Bike I just finished reading some ride reports on the new 1200RT...I'm liking this too...How would you compare the 1150RT to the C-14? From the looks of the Beemer its way more comfortable.
    I sold my '95 ST1100 but got a newer model an '01...
    Last edited by madmax-im; 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      How would you compare the 1150RT to the C-14? From the looks of the Beemer its way more comfortable.
      It is. However the Connie is very comfortable with the Sargent World Touring Seat. I've taken it to Cali twice now....round trip 5000+ miles.

However the 1150 is more laid back. Top speed is 125 ...so their is NO temptation to even gig it. With the Kawasaki the tempt is always present.

The Beemer weighs less, has more fuel and gets much better mileage and as such is a superior long distant touring machine IMO. I pretty much reserve the 1150 for when SWMBO tags along. When I go solo I take the green missile. And when I feel the need to relive my youth I bust out the '79 1100F.

Comment

• Sounds like the best of all worlds...must be nice...LOL
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I am on the fence about buying a 1983 Seca Turbo. The guy says it belonged to his grandfather who bought it new as a holdover in 1985. For some reason in 1995 his grandfather parked it and never rode it again. His father said he thinks grandad may have come close to wrecking and decided not to ride anymore. The guy said he had started it about 4 years ago and noticed oil coming from the exhaust pipe so he shut it down and hasnt tried to get it running since he is not that mechanically inclined. The exterior looks in pretty good shape but after 15 years of sitting there will be a long list of things to accomplish before it gets on the road even if there is nothing majorly wrong with it. He started out wanting $1000 but has dropped the price over time, I have been watching it for a couple months, and his last price is $650. I consider myself some what mechanically inclined so I think it would make a cool project.
          1981 XS1100H

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexinMaine View Post
            I am on the fence about buying a 1983 Seca Turbo.
            A SECA 650 Turbo?

Ask Diver Ray about it. I think he had one and it was bad sccot for a 650. Then ask him what happen at an entrance ramp on I-5.

Comment

• Did you end up getting the Turbo?
              -KR
              83 XJ900R (project)
              82 KZ1000J (modified)
              82 KZ1000J (ELR Clone)
              82 KZ750R1 (GPz750)
              78 Z1R (bone stock...for now)
              84 GS1150ES (modded daily driver)
              79 GS1000 (junk)
              89 Hawk 650 (wife's ride)
              82 CB1100F (calfab, CRs)

Comment

• Well, I now commute on a BMW R1200RT. Going up and down a hill every day I'm getting about 40MPG, close to 50 IF I take it easy
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Sounds like your havin' way too much fun on the Beemer Ray! The ST may be a bit short a few ponies to hang with the Beemer, but makes up for it in fuel capacity and mileage. Even as comfortable as it is with the Heli-Bars, road pegs and Corbin seat, its tank of fuel can outlast my backside at some 325mi. before fuel lite comes on.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Suckered into the reliable and comfy bike world too...

Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

• Other bike

006 SV1000S Suzuki. Also have a 001 650 which is for sale.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

• The current love of my life

Shhhhh... don't tell the wife
                        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

• b.Walker, nice scoot that'll definitely scoot!. Did that originally come with the piggy-back gas shocks?
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Yes it did, but one of them leaks so I've since replaced them with conventional shocks. They were supposed to be Ohlins but i've since found that they're Chinese replica's and not rebuildable with OEM Ohlins parts.
                            1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                            2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

• Bummer on the shocks........just from the pics I would have guessed them to be Ohlins as they were the only ones least 'back in the day' that did piggy-gas shocks......a common swap-out on our older moto-cross bikes.

Comment

• 2007 Triumph Daytona 675. Red because its the fastest color. :-D XS is going to daily rider and road tripper.

And this was my friends 74 cb750 bobbed we built. We were almost done. It was stolen. The oil tank was a fire extinguisher that we made.
                                Remember, eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

1980 XS1100 Midnight Special
                                2007 Triumph Daytona 675

Comment

Working...
                                X