Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contact Info for group ride

Originally posted by simplyd1
    In the event I become missing in action(MIA). Please call (510) 713-7992(Home).
    The War Departments cell number (510) 364-7777(My spouse).

MRO, weather permitting will drop by and we'll ride off together from Fremont.

Talk about large group rides. Check this site out at http://www.leomemrun.com/default.asp This is a memorial run from San Jose to Hollister, CA. in the month of May. 2000 bikes plus expected.
    Kind of ironic that the destination for a Peace Officer Memorial Run is Hollister. It was the 4th of July, '49 "biker riot" that put that town on the motorcycling map. The Wild One with Marlon Brando and Lee Marvin was inspired by that little happening.

I have ridden on occasion with the local chapter of Iron Pigs MC and was amazed at the preponderance of illegal "novelty" beanie helmets and unbaffled pipes sported by these law enforcement officers. Guess it helps to be a cop if you're going to break the law.
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Saturday ride?

Weather may/may not cooperate tomorrow.

XS650mike (aka guru newbie) please don't stop the chanten now

"I did chant a few choruses of Harvey Kirschner "

Maybe pick up the pace a little and have that stuff out in the Pacific go North where it belongs ((you know, where prom and geezer live) land of the wet)

mro

Comment

Re: Saturday ride?

Originally posted by mro
        Weather may/may not cooperate tomorrow.

XS650mike (aka guru newbie) please don't stop the chanten now

"I did chant a few choruses of Harvey Kirschner "

Maybe pick up the pace a little and have that stuff out in the Pacific go North where it belongs ((you know, where prom and geezer live) land of the wet)

mro
        Sings:
        "Harvey Kirschner, Harvey Kirschner, Kirschner Kirschner, Harvey Harvey;
        Harvey Rammer, Harvey Rammer, Rammer Rammer, Harvey Harvey..."

Been chanting a lot but now suddenly there is a family emergency, nothing too awfully serious but it requires timely action so I can't make the ride. Maybe it's because I failed to shave my head and don my saffron guru's robe. Weather is iffy anyway. Of course the weatherman said it would rain today and it hasn't so far so it's anyone's guess what'll happen. If it happens have a nice ride people!
        Shiny side up,
        650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

double bummer

Hope things turn out well on the home front.

Had been looking forward to meeting you.
          Well summer is coming, I think

mro

Comment

Too bad the ride wasn't yesterday, beautiful day, bikes all over the place and me stuck in the cage doing stuff.
            Shiny side up,
            650 Mike

Comment

tax relief ride

Aw, man!
              Sorry you can't make it mike. I was looking fgorward to meeting you. Oh well, another time, eh?
              Liberty
              Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
              I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

It's nice to be missed but there'll be another time soon, I'm sure.
                Shiny side up,
                650 Mike

Comment

Mike,
                  I hope to meet you again soon. You are now a guru, but the weather is still mine. The ride Saturday should be under cloudy, but mostly dry skies.
                  Anyone else that wants to join, just google road rider motorcycle and meet us next door at breakfast only.
                  Ray
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Solvang ride...

Well I read this thread all the way through again and didn't see much about the Solvang Spring ride. I did notice in the beginning that the dates were set for June 4 & 5, Sunday and Monday. I wonder if this is correct or someone looked at the calendar wrong. I have no problem with the dates, but I wonder how many can take Monday off for a MC ride, unless of course, you're an illegal immigrant. LOL I was also looking for a meeting place and time and maybe a group ride to any interesting sites in the area besides the Museum. Does anyone have any news or answers to these questions?
                    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                    Drilled airbox
                    Tkat fork brace
                    Hardly mufflers
                    late model carbs
                    Newer style fuses
                    Oil pressure guage
                    Custom security system
                    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Check the rallies/NA on the left. E.Liberty posted some more information there. We are still working out the details, but it will be the 3 and 4 of June. The plan is for a ride on some of the back roads, once we get a feel for what the nice rides will be.
                      When we get a responce with a close number of riders, and preference to camping or hotels, we can make some reservations and or get a block of rooms close by.
                      Solvange is a turist town, with shops, etc. The Sig. Others should have lots to do, if they don't want to visit a bike museum. Some of us may take off a half day Friday, the 2nd, to get an early start.
                      Ray
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Darn, I was counting on the 5th. Mon and Tue are my days off.
                        Y'all have fun
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

ALWAYS I see this thread I read briefly: Solvang Date Se...X relief ride.... yep... im weird...

LP
                          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
                          X