No announcement yet.

Solvang Date set+ Tax Relief Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! Pat's going twice will give me time to do it once...
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Yea! It's a ride!
      Just found out this lump in my groin is a hernia: should be called a himnia. Anyway, the doc. sez I need an operation. So,. if my bike falls over I hope you guys won't mind helping me pick it up..
      Liberty
      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Last night I repacked the steering head bearings on the LG. Took it for a test ride. Quite a difference . Got back from my "spirited" ride and had another severe attack of Menieres. I hope this gets better or I can't go.
        I do think the motion on the bike triggered the attack.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Damn that's rough Pat.

Now the Solvang trip is getting iffy for me. I've got to go to a dedication up in Virginia City, NV in early June and don't know if I can afford both trips. Will try to make the breakfast run though.

Other news, my cable internet connection cost has doubled (I was on a year's special trial cost) and I can no longer afford it. No DSL available in my area so I'll probably go to dial-up which really sucks eggs. May have no internet at all in the interim until I find an ISP.
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

The $ of my DSL was going to double after the 1st year.
            I renew a 1 year contract each year to keep the lower rate.
            Would your cable ISP do this?
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

cable cost suck

no competition for cable.

mro

Comment

Going to have a little discussion with the cable company. If I threaten to bail they may be willing to deal. Works with the credit card companies. They do have competition here for TV service (dish network) and a lot of people bail just because they hate the cable company even though it costs about the same. There is absolutely no broadcast TV here because of surrounding mountains. Cable company is headquartered in Chicago. Every now and then we get little letters to subscribers from the president of the company who signs these things "Rocco". Run sort of like the garbage business I guess.
                Shiny side up,
                650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

As with any group ride I'm posting my phone numbers.
                  On the triples site a member didn't show at a rally. No one could find him for over a week. The worst was feared that he had an accident on the way to the rally. Turned out that he did have an accident (hit by a cab in NY) just before leaving and he was in the hospital.

My #:
                  home (209) 578-0272
                  cell (209) 484-4991

cell phones don't work too well in the canyons we'll be riding.
                  Pat Kelly
                  <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                  1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                  1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

Pat,
                    That is a good idea. My contact #
                    Cell (831)234-8721
                    I'll be out of town all week before the ride. I should be home about 8:00pm Friday night.
                    See averyone Saturday morning.
                    Ray
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

We are talking next weekend are we not? Hope the rain stops by then. Rain again here today. Played an outdoor guitar gig yesterday, came close to getting rained out but just before I was to start playing the rain stopped. As soon as I finished playing the rain started falling again. Guess I've got good carmel. I did chant a few choruses of Harvey Kirschner beforehand...

I'm going to have to start really early to make this if breakfast is at 10:00 in San Jose. Think I know the way to...

Hope Pat can make it. I'll chant a few choruses of Harvey Kirschner for him too...
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

Comment

Forgot phone #s

Home: 707-277-7912
                        Cell: 707-972-8519

Be a good idea to check in here after getting home from the ride too so we know everyone got home safe.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

Comment

I've got good carmel

Prefer chocolate myself

(510) 782-5062

If it's raining, I'll be in my shop doing something else
                          or I be in my shop anyway if I don't get caught up.

Will let Simplyd1 know and/or post here

mro

Comment

contact info

One of my most embarrassing moments as a neophyte rider was when I participated in a cross country “map run,” blew a check point, got tired, went home, and several hours later had several members of the host club come by to check up on me, and/or let my parents know I was MIA Man, when they say me setting there watching TV they were really pissed. I don’t think they ever forgave me. I guess they had gone over the whole off road course looking for me.
                            Thanks Pat: good idea.
                            My home phone # is; 831-335-4216. My cell #: 831-246-3213
                            I will try to be on top of it on Friday nite. If it looks like a real storm I guess we’ll have to abort. If it’s just “iffy,” maybe we’ll go for it
                            I’ll post on the members lounge Friday nite.
                            I hope it’s a go. I passed up the Ghost Mt. Rider’s run today. It’s a 6-700 bike group ride, mostly Harley, but hella fun. Hard to describe running with that many bikes and having the CHP stop cages for you.
                            I look forward to meeting y’all. Don’t hesitate to call me if you need to.
                            Liberty
                            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Re: contact info

Originally posted by E.Liberty
                              I passed up the Ghost Mt. Rider’s run today. It’s a 6-700 bike group ride, mostly Harley, but hella fun. Hard to describe running with that many bikes and having the CHP stop cages for you.
                              Liberty
                              The most I've ever run with was 450 or so on the HAMC Sonoma Chapter's poker run a couple years ago. It was exciting enough though. CHP "assisted" their outriders with traffic control. CHP assistance consisted of parking a unit at major intersections to lend "authority" to the club prospects blocking traffic. Don't think I want to run with that many bikes again, especially without a route sheet. Though there were no problems, the potential is there for a massive pile-up.

They had some nice prizes. My hand sucked so I didn't win anything though I lusted after that pearl white modular helmet. They said it was all for charity though they didn't say which. I suspect it was their legal defense fund.

Shiny side up,
                              650 Mike

Comment

Contact Info for group ride

In the event I become missing in action(MIA). Please call (510) 713-7992(Home).
                                The War Departments cell number (510) 364-7777(My spouse).

MRO, weather permitting will drop by and we'll ride off together from Fremont.

Talk about large group rides. Check this site out at http://www.leomemrun.com/default.asp This is a memorial run from San Jose to Hollister, CA. in the month of May. 2000 bikes plus expected.
                                Gene D.

79 XS1100SF (50K)Restoration Project
                                79 XS1100SF My Cruiser(Money Pit)

Comment

Working...
                                X