No announcement yet.

How many mechs here? Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Work on Planes, Trains and Motorcycles.
    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Winterhawk, I remember a movie with similar title.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

b1lock

Learned some from my dad. Wish I would have paid more attention back then. Back in the seventies worked at a few service stations. Then joined the army for twenty some years. Combat engineer so I was breaking more than fixing! Now corrections officer. Fixing attitudes mostly now. My junky old bikes are therapy, and my motto is "you don't have time to do it right, but you always have time to do it over."

Comment

Combat engineer i was 76th Combat engineers 76-79

Comment

ASE auto tech for 16 years of 5 were master tech, but haven't done that professionally since 98, Army helicopter tech for 3 years, always tinkered with Mc's, never went to school for it or worked professionaly on them, medical issues keep me from being professional in just about anything now...back...knees..etc, falling apart!
            81 XS1100H

Comment

I started in highschool with automotive classes. I am now a maintenance tech in a soap factory. I have built a couple of muscle cars. A 80 camaro and a 68 dodge charger. I have built a half dozen demolition derby cars till I ended up having back surgery. I work on all of my and my kids atv's. And of course my xj. I'm allways tinkering with one thing or another.
              1982 xj 1100
              "The Ape"
              http://youtu.be/AiQ8CqclHr4

Comment

Plumbing and HVAC. since 79
                XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
                http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
                650SF
                http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
                XS1100SG Project bike
                http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

Went to trade school for 2.5 years and fell 1 class short of an AAS before I was hired by the now out of business BBC Dodge in Burien. Spent a year there, then went to work on trucks for Swift Transportation in Sumner. Spent three months there and got tired of it and became a beach lifeguard! Got paid more too!

After that I went to the Diver's Institute of Technology and graduated in 07. I did a month job with Midco Diving in South Dakota, came home and was hired for the Shaft 6 project at Global Diving and Salvage. After 3.5 months of working 6-7 days a week and 10-16 hours a day I gave it up. I just couldn't work that much, I had no life. There was no end in sight either, as my boss had been a diver 25 years and worked more than me! The pay was great, the company was great and the work was unbelievably awesome.

I was hired by Seattle Parks as a Pool Operator and have been designing, maintaining and operating all sorts of commercial water features for Seattle's people since. It's been five years and now I'm trying to transfer to Seattle Public Utilities to get into drinking water treatment. It pays a lot more, even to start. Water treatment and the machinery associated with it is the first love I've ever had in terms of a job. It's really great. Not as cool as underwater construction, but I like it.
                  1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

Working...
                  X