No announcement yet.

New Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody got offended. You’re welcome here.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

removed the emblems to prep for painting.
      i am planning to repaint with New Yamaha Black original colour
      Last edited by xfreebiker; 09-26-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

It looks like new in the photos!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Appears to be in great condition. Congrats on figuring out how to upload pics.
          Bob's Bikes:
          79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
          https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
          https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
          "
          Project XS11"
          "Rucksack Grunt"
          "Small Unit Leadership"
          "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
          For Sale Here.

Comment

the pictures make it look better than it actually is. but she is clean and unmolested. my plan is to keep it as close to OEM specs as possible. the paint has a few chips, why i am going for repaint in oem colour

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post
              Appears to be in great condition. Congrats on figuring out how to upload pics.
              the neighbours kid helped

Comment

hi guys, if you look closely on the pictures. there is a new seat cover. the pictures show only the pre fit.
                i thought i share the link to the guy who is doing them. the quality is very fair for the price. of course not oem but for a temporary optical fix awesome. especially with the price he is asking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224034708707

Comment

Bought a seat cover for a Suzuki from him a few years back, it fit well and nobody could have sold me one near that low a price
                  1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                    Bought a seat cover for a Suzuki from him a few years back, it fit well and nobody could have sold me one near that low a price
                    i am very impressed with his work and a super budget price. for this reason i like to promote guys like him.
                    stitching is very good, material quality more than fair, fit is awesome, price value is in my opinion unbeatable

Comment

I own three and have repainted all three. I too thought about the new yamaha black color. It is much cheaper to just take the tank in and have a good paint shop do a color scan for you. There is one outlet that I found that does supply what they call New Yamaha Black. Yamaha 006G New Yamaha Black (NYB) (colorrite.com). They are a paint company that is based in the UK and not cheap. I also painted my wheels with a gold that I color matched against the wheel and bought a satin clear to accompany the color. The paint job turned out very well. I do all the painting so saved a lot on the labor. I get it that you are not very computer savy, however I made a post a couple of seasons ago with pictures of the paint I used on the wheels and I believe the black I used. The gold paint used on the wheels was originally what Yamaha called Nebula Gold and I just got tired of trying to find anyone that had it available and was the reason I finally went with what I did. Very close match and you really can't tell the difference. We have another member, MACK, who actually was able to save the paint on his wheels by lightly buffing them with some kind of mixture he came up with based on baking soda. My wheels unfortunately were beyond buffing so I had to come up with a different solution. I also sand blasted my pipes and recoated them with glacier black Cerakote. They are not the black chrome any longer on my 81 and second 80. I was able to save the original pipes on my original 80 model. I bought that one new and generally baby it. Everything new I come across go on that bike and what comes off is donated to one of the other two. Here are my bikes. I will help you with as much info as I can as you proceed with your restoration.
                      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                      81 LH
                      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                      Jim

Comment

Here is a post from the past that shows the gold paint I used. 1980 LG restoration after five years in storage - XS11.club Forums
                        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                        81 LH
                        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post
                          I own three and have repainted all three. I too thought about the new yamaha black color. It is much cheaper to just take the tank in and have a good paint shop do a color scan for you. There is one outlet that I found that does supply what they call New Yamaha Black. Yamaha 006G New Yamaha Black (NYB) (colorrite.com). They are a paint company that is based in the UK and not cheap. I also painted my wheels with a gold that I color matched against the wheel and bought a satin clear to accompany the color. The paint job turned out very well. I do all the painting so saved a lot on the labor. I get it that you are not very computer savy, however I made a post a couple of seasons ago with pictures of the paint I used on the wheels and I believe the black I used. The gold paint used on the wheels was originally what Yamaha called Nebula Gold and I just got tired of trying to find anyone that had it available and was the reason I finally went with what I did. Very close match and you really can't tell the difference. We have another member, MACK, who actually was able to save the paint on his wheels by lightly buffing them with some kind of mixture he came up with based on baking soda. My wheels unfortunately were beyond buffing so I had to come up with a different solution. I also sand blasted my pipes and recoated them with glacier black Cerakote. They are not the black chrome any longer on my 81 and second 80. I was able to save the original pipes on my original 80 model. I bought that one new and generally baby it. Everything new I come across go on that bike and what comes off is donated to one of the other two. Here are my bikes. I will help you with as much info as I can as you proceed with your restoration.
                          beautiful. picture 3 is what i am aiming for. you did a amazing job. compliments from canada and thank you for helping. the paint info is priceless. one of the reason why i came here to talk to you guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X