Looking for a motorcycle mechanic for my xs1100 mns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a motorcycle mechanic for my xs1100 mns

In Ohio and looking for a trustworthy motorcycle mechanic to work on my 1980 xs11 mns. Wanting to get back on the road again🏍

No offense intended, but if you're going to ride a 40 year old bike you should know how to fix it because none of the new computerised, fuel injected bike techs these days have a clue about these bikes. Just sayin'.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I hear ya loud and clear, that's exactly why I'm in need of a mechanic who works specifically on my bike, if I could I would, but I can't so I ain't. I'm not exactly mechanically inclined and know my limitations.

Comment

Just curious...What Kind of problems are you having with it? Some guys may be better suited to work on carbs or engines or electrical problems.
        Bob's Bikes:
        79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
        https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
        https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
        "
        Project XS11"
        "Rucksack Grunt"
        "Small Unit Leadership"
        "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
        For Sale Here.

Comment

Transmission issues, the trans was slipping, will not go out of 1st gear, need the trans removed, undercut and replaced is my understanding

Comment

was it sounding like a machine gun? If it is stuck in first, may be behind the cover on the shifter side. The star plate is known to problems.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

When I was able to shift to 2nd there's a definite jumping and or extreme vibration of the 2nd gear. I then have to put it immediately into 3rd. This just started after I had flatslide carbs installed. Not sure if the carbs have any thing to do with it. Its almost like it has too much power or torque.

Comment

There are plenty of people on here that have done your type of repair, hopefully someone near you will take it on. A shop would charge a small fortune and may not even do it correctly.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

https://xs11.club/forum/repairs/tran...part-1-2-and-3
                  2H7 (79)
                  3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                  X