No announcement yet.

New member, new project to share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude you just copied and pasted that from an old thread lol well at least the second 2/3 of it. I am going to do a pressure test i just haven’t gotten to that point quite yet, plus I don’t own one so I’m gonna have to rent it. Thanks for info about the exhaust though. Are those any good I’m not trying to make a rocket I just want it to sound decent and run well. I guess since the options are sort of Nil it doesn’t much matter if it’s any good because it’s what I’ve got.

Comment

That exhaust is Mac 4-1, not Kerker. It is an OK exhaust although a bit restrictive which can be fixed by modifying the removable baffle. It's collector also hangs a little low resulting reduced ground clearance. The oil filter is still accessible whit this unit. I have a Mac 4-1 that I cut the pipe off behind the hanging bracket and slipped on a Supertrapp can. Not much to choose from these days, so if it is in usable shape, it should be fine.
      Last edited by bikerphil; 10-08-2020, 07:37 AM.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
        That exhaust is Mac 4-1, not Kerker. It is an OK exhaust although a bit restrictive which can be fixed by modifying the removable baffle. It's collector also hangs a little low resulting reduced ground clearance. The oil filter is still accessible whit this unit. I have a Mac 4-1 that I cut the pipe off behind the hanging bracket and slipped on a Supertrapp can. Not much to choose from these days, so if it is in usable shape, it should be fine.
        I was looking at supertrap stuff a couple days ago. which Unit did you use? What difference did it make over the megaphone that comes on this exhaust. I was curious if that would make an actual Performance improvement Or if it would jut look cool or worse.

Comment

I put this one designed for a car on 10 yrs ago. It does not have a hanger bracket welded to it like the bike specific units and cost a bit less. I made my own custom brackets. Performance is great because the unit is tunable with it's disc type baffles.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X