New member, new project to share.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bderum
    XSive
    • Oct 2020
    • 29
    • Ketchikan Alaska

    #16
    Dude you just copied and pasted that from an old thread lol well at least the second 2/3 of it. I am going to do a pressure test i just haven’t gotten to that point quite yet, plus I don’t own one so I’m gonna have to rent it. Thanks for info about the exhaust though. Are those any good I’m not trying to make a rocket I just want it to sound decent and run well. I guess since the options are sort of Nil it doesn’t much matter if it’s any good because it’s what I’ve got.

    Comment

    • bikerphil
      Master of XSology
      • Jan 2008
      • 8932
      • South Flori-DUH

      #17
      That exhaust is Mac 4-1, not Kerker. It is an OK exhaust although a bit restrictive which can be fixed by modifying the removable baffle. It's collector also hangs a little low resulting reduced ground clearance. The oil filter is still accessible whit this unit. I have a Mac 4-1 that I cut the pipe off behind the hanging bracket and slipped on a Supertrapp can. Not much to choose from these days, so if it is in usable shape, it should be fine.
      Last edited by bikerphil; 10-08-2020, 06:37 AM.
      2H7 (79) owned since '89
      3H3 owned since '06

      07 Triumph Tiger 1050 (night rider)

      "If it ain't broke, modify it"

      ☮

      Comment

      • Bderum
        XSive
        • Oct 2020
        • 29
        • Ketchikan Alaska

        #18
        Originally posted by bikerphil
        That exhaust is Mac 4-1, not Kerker. It is an OK exhaust although a bit restrictive which can be fixed by modifying the removable baffle. It's collector also hangs a little low resulting reduced ground clearance. The oil filter is still accessible whit this unit. I have a Mac 4-1 that I cut the pipe off behind the hanging bracket and slipped on a Supertrapp can. Not much to choose from these days, so if it is in usable shape, it should be fine.
        I was looking at supertrap stuff a couple days ago. which Unit did you use? What difference did it make over the megaphone that comes on this exhaust. I was curious if that would make an actual Performance improvement Or if it would jut look cool or worse.

        Comment

        • bikerphil
          Master of XSology
          • Jan 2008
          • 8932
          • South Flori-DUH

          #19
          I put this one designed for a car on 10 yrs ago. It does not have a hanger bracket welded to it like the bike specific units and cost a bit less. I made my own custom brackets. Performance is great because the unit is tunable with it's disc type baffles.​
          2H7 (79) owned since '89
          3H3 owned since '06

          07 Triumph Tiger 1050 (night rider)

          "If it ain't broke, modify it"

          ☮

          Comment

          Working...