Do You Ride With Tunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock'en Roll

I've resisted the urge to have music while riding.
    I'm already a danger to myself when that "wild hair" starts tickiling my a$$. Can imagine a few tunes that I could get wrapped up in..........

mro

Comment

I have a Motorola M25 Mp3 player. Holds two gigs and runs off one AAA batt. It is not much bigger than pocket watch and is menu driven with an FM tuner to boot. It came with a plastic clip that is bolted to my handle bars.

I couple this player with a set of Sure Electronics E2 in ear monitors...the same kind I use on stage when singing. That suppress external noise about 30+ dB and are full range.

M25 player - $99
      E2 monitors - $75
      16 hours of non-stop listening enjoyment - PRICELESS!

Comment

I would like to put on some speakers around my bike. I use my in-helmet speakers on the road, but I would like something for around town that I don't need to plug myself into that has easy buttons to push with gloves on. On the road I set the music and I don't have to change it often. My first thought was to take an unused set of handlebar brackets for a windshield and mount a cycle sound to that. It might look a little weird. Whats the best way to get high power sound around town?
        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
        Acta Non Verba

Comment

1 Gig Mp3 player and ear buds.....

from one of my best vendors my price is 30 plus tax and ship....... Not plugging here but thought if anyone wanted any stereo stuff or intercom stuff ... why pay retail... If I can get everything from AAA batteries to plasma tvs then nobody on here needs to pay full price for anything ever again. Just cover my costs of gettin it to you.

//// steps away from the microphone \\\\
          Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
          S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
          1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

sony mp3 1 gig with buds....tunes in the twisties keep you rolling
            82 XJ1100 Maxim
            80 XS1100 engine and parts doner
            Awsome machine.....love going on rides.....
            black on black

Comment

No sound system for me

Sometimes I sing to myself, or tell myself stories, or think about how far it is to the next gas station, or what I can have for supper, or where I'll be sleeping that night. What I should be doing is listening to that little internal voice saying:-
              "watch the road, watch the road, watch the road - - - "
              Fred Hill, S'toon.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

no

No tunes if I did would be JJ Cale or Stevie Ray Vaughn, Animals retrospective, lots a blues.
                Bruce
                Bruce Doucette
                Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Pathfinder sterio

I have a 30 watt sterio designed to fit behind the windshield on my Yamaha fairing, but I haven't installed it yet. I gotta get one of those "rubber duckie" anttenas to mount on the fairing. Maybe one day......... Weather is nice now and it's time to ride.
                  You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                  Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                  Drilled airbox
                  Tkat fork brace
                  Hardly mufflers
                  late model carbs
                  Newer style fuses
                  Oil pressure guage
                  Custom security system
                  Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Just the dulcet soothing sinatra like tones of my imaginary friend kevin....no seriously
                    Actually the motor and the wind is a pretty cool symphony and like some of the other guys I "playback" songs in my mind or wots left uh it
                    "Smoooookkkke on the wahhhhhttuhhhhhhhh.....
                    XSRIK
                    If the weather would warm up I'd stop posting so much
                    79 XS1100F "Talkin' 'bout shaft"

77 CB750 A "Dumpster classic" aka "Rattus Ottomaticus"

Comment

I voted! But I do lurk alot too. I'm trying to break 100 posts by the end of this year.

I knew Dragonrider would be posting to this as soon as I read the title. He gave me the idea to buy a MP3 player with headphones. Paid $50. for a Creative Muvo on sale that holds about 70 songs. I'm quite the cheap bastard.

I'm about 50/50 with or without tunes. I'm more of a daily commuter than a weekend rider. I'm more likely to hit heavy traffic on the way home from work than on the way there, therefore, I usually hookup before going home. It's only 26 miles, 30 to 45 minutes in the morning and anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes at night. Use to lane split in Calif but scared to do it here in Houston. Opps, different thread, sorry.

I always have it with me on the occasional weekend ride, those are about 50/50 also, depending on my mood. My weekend rides usually consist of early Sunday mornings during sunrise on Hwy 290 heading east seeing the sun rise in my mirrors, not many other cages or bikes on the road yet. I check my cell phone every 20 minutes or so to see if SWMBO has figured out I escaped again, then I turn around and head home. If I attend the Texsive ride in April I will have it with me for sure.
                      82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                      78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                      74 Husky 400
                      70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

I've been thinking about the MP3 and helmet speaker, but I am afraid it might be a distraction. I do love listening to the song of the Battle Cruiser a lot though too.
                        Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                        78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                        02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

ok, sort of.?.?.?

I have a hands free headset for my cell phone that has an FM tuner built in so I have tunes in stereo and then when a call comes in the call in stereo. Pretty nifty, and lets SWMBO check in on me from time to time.
                          Casey
                          1980 xs1100g "Frankenstein" (Now with a mind of his own!)

"What do you mean I can't park this thing here?"
                          "Shiny side up? I don't have a shiny side."

Comment

Hi Bruce I saw in the forum that you would like to listen to da blues and
                            the animals
                            would you like me to bring a "spare " copy of almost the best of the
                            Animals to Mexico?
                            Jim
                            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                            and SOXS
                            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I may going it alone most of time but i simple love the music my scooter macks all on its on ... save the tunes for the truck[QUOTE]

rubber down throttle back
                              1982 xj1100j

Comment

Working...
                              X