First ever Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bikes Owned

My first bike was 1940 James 125cc from England , went brain dead around 1970 and got a 750 Kawi. 2 Stroke. almost killed myself. Had at least 100 bikes in my time. Only one to survive a moose hit was my 84 Honda Nighthawk S. Still love it after 56 years. bkr

Comment

My first real motorcycle was a 1964 Honda CL72 250cc Scrambler. I had 2 motorcycle like devices prior to this bike that I will not admit to owning much less riding.

I've had too many bikes over the years to remember much less list. A few that stood out were, RD350 Yamaha, GT750 Suzuki, Guzzi 850T3 and of course my XS11's.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

well, I have no really long nostalgic story....my first bike is my xs1100 that i purchased for a steal last year.I have no intention of ever getting rid of her..

means to much to me that no one was keeping from enjoying what most men always the the chance too. This bike embodies the wonderful world of divorce perfectly for me!!! hee,hee
        81 xs1100sh......."the black-*itch"

NOT ALL MEN ARE ANNOYING.......
        SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

My first bike was a 72 Yamaha TX 750. I bought it for $750 when I was a young sailor in San Diego in the late 70's. It wasn't much to look at. The seat was torn and re-upholstered with the handyman's secret weapon. The mufflers were rusted through the bottom, and it had an oil leak. The starter clutch was shot, so I had to kick start it. It always started. I rode the snot out of that bike, and had a lot of fun on it. I could ride the coast, foot hills and the desert in one day. I gave it away to a buddy when I was transferred to Brunswick Maine in Feburary 81, and the Navy wouldn't pay to ship it to Maine. They told me to ride it. Yeah right... its Feburary, I'm in San Diego, and Brunswick Maine is 3000 miles away...I let them think that I did, and they paid me ten cents a mile for my travel costs. I wouldn't have been eligible for travel costs if they had known that I flew.

Comment

My first bike ridden was a Honda 75.

My first bike was my 1980 XS11!!
            Jason K.
            '80 XS1100G
            '80 XS850LG
            '96 FZR600

Comment

First Bike Owned

I bought my new Yamaha AT1 (125 cc) in '69. Bought a '69 Honda 450 shortly thereafter. Traded them both in on a'70 Honda CB 750. Had a bad crash on that in '72, and did't ride again until '76 when I bought a Yamaha RD400. Sold it to buy a '77 XS750 (bought a '77 XS650 for SWMBO). When she got too pregnant to ride I sold them both to buy the '80 XS11. That's it.

Ralph

Comment

I learned to ride on my XS...which may explain my rather flat learning curve.
                "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

you're not the only one. I always said tht if i got a bike, id be dead in a week...almost was the frst wk. but thanks to the miracle of modern technology (as of 1979) im still alive many wks later
                  L. G.
                  1979 XS1100SF
                  Exodia, "The Forbidden One"
                  1988 CBR600F Hurricane
                  Tempest- died Aug. 10, 2005
                  198x XS850
                  -no name yet-

Comment

First bike was an '86 Suzuki GS 4540 L I bought off my roommate for $600. I crashed it last winter and never got around to fixing it. If I can get it down to AZ from my parent's place in MN I might try to chopper the thing.
                    Rule 1: Pillage, then burn.
                    Rule 13: Do unto others
                    www.schlockmercenary.com

Comment

bikes

!st ride was a 1958 Puch 250 also known as an Allstate sold by Sears, then in 1967 80cc Suzuki, 1969 250 Kawi Samurai, 1971 500 Kawi H1, 1958 AJS 650 (oh the oil leaks), 1974 750 Honda K, 400 Susuki dirt bike', 1979 Honda 750, 1976 Honda 750 K, last and best 1978 XS1100, oh, the 1979 XS1100 special that did fire up but still in waiting for restoration......I'm glad someone brought this question up, I find myself forgetting what I've had over the years....
                      Bruce
                      Bruce Doucette
                      Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

When I was eight, my cousins gave me an old mini-bike with a 3 horse Briggs which didn't run. My Dad laughed and asked what I planned on doing with that thing. I got a book out of the school library about small gasoline engines and set in on it. Soon, my Dad took an interest (or felt sorry for me) and started to help. It never did run, but one morning when I came up for breakfast there was a brand new Techumseh 5 horse setting by my place at the table. I kept the US mail busy by ordering a steady stream of clutches, throttle cables, and rear tires from the Sears Catalogue. That little thing taught me a lot about using tools, and the triumphs and frustrations of fixing it yourself. Also began a long love affair with two wheel motorized power.

Eventually moved onto:

Honda CT-70
                        Moto Guzi (?)80
                        Hodaka Super Bee 100
                        Yamaha 175 Enduro

And Finally "The Breeze" 79SF
                        They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

My first bike was an 86 yamaha radian. I sold my 74 nova and bought the bike. Wish I still had the nova
                          "Watchout for the guy behind the guy in front of you"

1980 XS 1100 SG

Comment

my first and only to date is my XS1100E. Bought from the second owner, who never rode it, in '92 with 12,000 on the odometer. I put 10,000 on the first 6 months but shes been sitting lately. Im resurecting her and planning on doing the 4 corners tour this summer.

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
                            Second bike is an FJR1300.
                            Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

Mine was a Honda CD 125 twin 1968 model, I got it used in or about 1974. My second bike I got new in 1975, it was a Honda CB500 four, but I could not make the payments, so I lost it after about a year :-)
                              Mountlake Terrace, WA.
                              1980 XS 1100 LG, The Woman in Black.
                              1983 Shadow VT 750C, Old Faithful.
                              1977 GS 550, The Sparkplug Killer.
                              1973 RD 350, The smoking bandit.

Comment

Down here as skinny, scruffy kids, we rode various rattly, smokey patched up old dungers, including a James, Jawa, Matchlesses and A.J.S's. Usually scavenged from rubbish dumps and mainly held together with string/wire/glue/tape. Try kicking over a 500 Matchless when you're a weedy 10 y/o. Probably spent 80% pushing them and 20% actually riding. Seemed to be forever riding on the rims. Flat tyres galore.

Had to door knock selling mushrooms and plums to dredge up a few measly precious drops of gas for our skimpy rusty petrol tins. Later eventually sold enough possum skins to buy a road legal TS185. Wow, had hit the big-time. Later somehow survived those "superbike' years on a H1 and various 4-cylinder jappos. Won't ever get rid of the old XS11.

Comment

Working...
                                X