No announcement yet.

First ever Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used my for bringing in the cows too. They hated the sound if with no baffel in the exhaust.
    78E ... Gone but not forgotten
    2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

MZ

1986 MZ 250 ETZ... the first and newest bike I ever had.
      Bought it bout 7 years ago (OK, I'm young, remember), it was in pieces. A friend and I put it back together, riding was limited to the battery capacity, as it wouldn't charge it. A fun thing to ride, turned the clutch tho. Fixed the clutch, but assembled the transmission with a washer in a wrong spot. Would go from 2nd to 3rd real hard, from 3rd to 2nd I needed 2 days of cursing.
      Never fixed it. Got a 84 moto guzzi instead. Followed by a 85 kawasaki and a 78E.
      I traded the MZ for a paintjob of a bike and color of my choice. Practically I gave it to a friend who didn't have a bike at a time.
      But I miss the guzzi.

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

First bike I rode was a '60's trail 55 Honda, my dad's. I used to hotwire it to ride. just unscrew the ignition and it would run!!
        My own first bike was a Suzuki 120 street 2 cycle. Smoked when cold, but it was mine! ( after working all summer at Mt. Lassen)
        Bought my first XSEleven in '78, Serial number 000254. Sold it after two years and went through a few other bikes. I'm now getting another Eleven in two weeks, and I'm looking forward to a long term ownership.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

sissy scooter be buggered!

there's nothing sissy about scooters mate, my first bike was a 2002 Gilera 182SP 2stroke.
          Single cylinder, fuel injected, CV transmission, FAT pirelli tyres.

I used to ride 300 - 400 KM's a day over the weekends and sat comfortably on speeds between 100 (when cops were around) and 190 KpH (when the wind was right),
          average cruising speed was 160KpH with plenty of revs left.

the only reason I sold it was that during the long hill climbs up into the mountains the transmission would let the speed drop back to about 80KpH to keep the revs up, that's when I made the mistake up trading up ( ? ) to a KZ440LTD.

It turns out the horsepower doesn't translate...

Then my Dad gave me his XS..... Whoa boy!

Comment

I had a 74 Suzuki TS90.....I beat the crap out of it .
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Mine was a Moped that I got in High School over in Germany back in 71. I took the govenour off of it and it seemed to drive 1000 kmp. When I got back to the world the forst thing I got for transportation was a Yamaha 250 enduro.

My favorite bike before getting the XS was a RE-5 rotary engine Suzuki.
              Don
              99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Okay,

First ever bike ?ridden? was my friends moped, in '73?? Then I got to experience an Indian 90! But my actual first owned bike was a 67Yamaha 305 twin 2 stroke, what a rocket! Got it in '75, spent more time in shop than out!! Next year, got my new Yam TX500 twin 4 stroke street machine for high school grad!! 7 years later was on an XS850 triple, and then my 81XS11!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

frist bike 1972 yam. 360 on off road. push a lot of snow and a mower too. still got her 32 years later. maybe my son and i can get her to go again.
                  If you spend to much time with me at work. then park it and cab it!!!

Comment

My first bike was a 1966 Honda CL160. I learned to ride on it and used it for a trail bike for a couple of years. When I got old enough to get my license, put it on the road and used it to get back and forth to school. Fond memories of winding her out to the screaming top speed of 85 MPH! WHEW!!!
                    Tracker

80 XS1100LG "Black Widow"

Comment

My first bike was a Yamaha RD 60. I believe it was a 1976, but I am not sure. I bought it when I was 12 for $100. Pulled of all the stuff that made it road legal and lightened it up by pulling of un-neccesary parts. Then I put dirt tires on it and road it till some a-hole stole it from me. A friend of mine found it about a year later in the woods about 3 miles from my house. By that time, it was left out too long and the engine was seized.

When I turned 15, I bought a moped a replaced the exhaust and a few other changes. I had it able to go up to 40 MPH. 50 MPH down hill. Road it until the cam flattened out because mopeds are not made to go that fast and it would not fire up anymore.
                      Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Rupp Roadster in 1971.....I sold it and traded back later.
                        When I got home from school one day my Dad had cut it up with a cutting torch!!! Seems my folks didn't much like motorcycles!!!
                        I had a bunch after that!!!
                        Garry
                        '79 SF "Battle Cat"
                        outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

First bike rode was a homemade minibike made out my folks lawn mower. ( They were pissed ) first real bike rode was a Kawasaki 90 enduro. First dirt bike rode was an old Suzuki TM125. First street bike rode and owned was an 82 Honda CB650 Nighthawk. Man that old Nighthawk was riden from Az to N. Cal so many times it's unreal. ( clocked about 15000 miles on in three months)
                          It got the name The Snow Hawk cuz I'd be the only fool out there ridin in a blizzard. But hey, what can you do. When your young and that's the only form of transportation ya got. That's what you use. primary concern was getting from point a to point b . You worried about the rest of the stuff that happens in between till later. Then kick yerself in the rump for selling your car to but a bike in the middle of winter.
                          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                          1-big XS patch
                          1-small XS/XJ patch
                          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Cyclemaster

Hi Czekus,
                            about your signature footnote;
                            The Ark was built by Noah under the direct supervision of God.
                            The Titanic was built by honest workers but their cheapskate bosses saved money by ordering high sulphur cold-short steel plate.
                            Oh, my first bike? In 1954, a used 32cc Cyclemaster powered wheel that fitted in place of the rear wheel of whatever bicycle you already had.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Yes. I know about the supervision, But he was still a rookie boat builder. and it floated for along time. Goes to show ya what good supervision can do.
                              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                              1-big XS patch
                              1-small XS/XJ patch
                              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

The first bikes I rode were a Honda 55 & a Honda 50. There were a couple other bikes ridden bewfore I got my first running bike - A '73 Kawasaki Z-1 900. it was fast, but not the ride of the XS.
                                Ken
                                '79 xs1100f
                                '79 xs1100sf

Comment

Working...
                                X