Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military capacity

Hi Bruce,
    you underestimate the Canadian armed forces. Even though the liberation of Holland is way beyond our present capacity I betcha we could still take the Duchy of Lichtenstein if the boys could only get there. Alas for the demise of Wardair.
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I was thinking of retiring to Canada! I don't smoke and if I don't go anywhere much (except on the bike), the price of gas shouldn't be too painful. Housing has to be cheaper than southern cal (except for the heating cost). So, how much is food? I don't care for shooting/eating moose, elk, deer, etc. I'm a pasta and pepperoni kind of guy.

How's about if I just live in Canada and don't try for citizenship?

What's the story on that?

Ralph

Comment

That was his bolder brother he only had plans for a 150 MPG carb he was going to sell them to the Dodge Bros so Henry had him taken out. His younger brother went into hiding working as a sword swallower the a traveling carnival for twenty years all the while improving the design. He was said to have gotten a 39 Ford pick up so it could travel from Philly to St Louis via Chicago on single tank of gas.
        Russ Neal
        Milton, NH
        04 GL1800 ABS
        04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
        99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
        80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
        83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
        80 XS1100G(Sold)
        81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

Hey Ralph

My power bill is 200.00 per month that includes heat year round,equlized billing they call it . Would kraft dinner and bolonga work in place of pasta and pepperoni ? I built a 3 bedroom ,2 bathroom house 8 yrs ago cost was 93000.00 including the property in the country. I have 5 acres , but it has a market value of 125000 now. Cost us about 125 per week to feed a family of 3 but we are big meat eaters. Why would anyone in thier right mind leave the warmth to move to the cold brrrrrr!!!
          Good luck with that.....................MITCH
          Doug Mitchell
          82 XJ1100 sold
          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

I don't really want to leave the weather, but I believe that the politicians on both sides of the aisle in this state are going to run it into the ground. If they'd just let the Mafia run the state for a few years, I think things would go more smoothly. The Mafia certainly couldn't steal much more than the politicians do.

Ralph

"I ride erect."

Comment

I read that book

Hi Ralph
              "The Syndic" SF novel written way back in the '50s. by Kornbluth I think.
              Plotline is that after a partial collapse of civilisation the only organisation left intact is organised crime which is forced to keep society running to keep the profits coming in.

Fred Hill, S'toon.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Yup, I remember it. For some reason, I don't read as much SF now as I did. I used to belong to the SF book club and automatically take every selection for a few years. I have a lot of hardbacks stacked up.

Ralph

"I ride erect."

Comment

I would trust the Mafia a lot more than this Administration. Everything they do including the bogus election is based on lies.
                  Now the word is Ramsey Clark is subject to treason if he gives Sadam a fair trail. BU$H is the one who needs to be tried for crimes against humanity and many other war crimes. He signed an Executive Order authorizing the use of torture for the Insurgents or Freedom fighters in Iraq.
                  "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Originally posted by Winterhawk
                    He signed an Executive Order authorizing the use of torture for the Insurgents or Freedom fighters in Iraq.
                    Wearing panties on thier heads really cut into the time they could have been out beheading or lobbing RPG's into the civilian population.

Keep it comin' Iridium.
                    They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Aussie Beer

Bud, a company in Adelaide makes beer with the remains of fermentation in the bottle. It's called Coopers and is a very nice drop. If you get one made like that and it's cloudy, put it on the bottom shelf and let it settle. Some of the better beers made down under include the Tooheys and Hahn brands made in Sydney, Victoria Bitter and Crown Lager made in Melbourne, XXXX from Brisbane, West End and Coopers from Adeaide and Emu Bitter or Black Swan from perth. Any of them are nice drops as long as they have settled from travel and are at about 37/40 degrees F. Cheers

Comment

Well Yankees, this Iraq B.S. has turned into one huge expensive bloody fiasco. Who the hell was naive enough to think that arabs were capable of living in harmony? What a sick joke. These arab idiots have been killing each other for centuries and it ain't EVER gonna change. You're living in fairyland if you think otherwise. Get the hell outta there and let the snakepit of arab psychos deal to themselves. Spend those billions on something that's bloody worthwhile.

Comment

We were discussing the fact that they just can't seem to live together peacably. So we collectively decided that Iraq should be broken up into four countries:

Kurd-land
                          Shiite-land
                          Sunni-land

and

wait for it,

Exxon-land

Ralph

I ride erect.

Comment

I kinda like Iraxxon. W's pic will be on the new flag.

Comment

http://gamer.nexuswebs.net/1407_Ray.swf

Comment

Originally posted by Winterhawk
                                Canada is good ... Legalized pot
                                <snip>
                                ...I smell a dicktator
                                Winterhawk, pot is legal over here in CA - growing & smoking. Well, 'legaler' in NoCal than SoCal... Just don't get caught smoking in a National Forest. Like Yosemite... (ahem.) The judge literally laughed when I showed him my Dr.'s recommendation for cannabis therapy, "Son, you ain't in the State of California anymore." Here's the text of CA Proposition 215

'Course you might not dig living w/Arnold for a Governator...
                                Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Working...
                                X