No announcement yet.

xs1100 junkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the bike in T.C.'s picture is a EURO SPEC XS1100E. It's a '78, but with the black engine and signals mounted in the far rear. You can also see the large number plate used in Europe, and the oil cooler.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      Actually, the bike in T.C.'s picture is a EURO SPEC XS1100E. It's a '78, but with the black engine and signals mounted in the far rear. You can also see the large number plate used in Europe, and the oil cooler.
      I did find the page with the models and the pic's so I did compare them... the latest should be a 78E but he sold it as a 79, dont have it home yet so I can't pic it apart just yet, but it does come with the rear turn lights mounted on the bar that appears to bolt to the tail/plate mount... thanks Guy's for all the help and advice... I do appreciate it greatly... I will keep ya's in the loop as I dig into the mod's that have been performed here...
      79_xs1100special

Comment

latest is home

heres what I picked up for $150.00

the tank is in real bad shape... came with a clean title, as a 79'...
        79_xs1100special

Comment

Doable

Howdy Rich W,,,,,the bike looks kinda restorable, just a bunch of time to go through it and get it road worthy. At least most of the parts are there. Derust the tank, pop in some inline fuel filters, flush all the oils, redo the fuse panel, fresh battery, plugs, etc. As long as there is spark to the plugs you have a chance.....keep us posted,,,,,,,,Mike in Sun DIego
          mike
          1982 xj1100 maxim
          1981 venture bagger
          1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
          1959 wife

Comment

I'm thinking that I will set this off to the side for now... I will pull the carbs and see just what is going on in there, and do a compression check after I run the bore scope into the cylinders... not real sure about a full restoration, need to know what it has to offer...
            79_xs1100special

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
              Hi Rich
              Harry... have the voice's made any attempt to speak to you yet..? lol...
              79_xs1100special

Comment

the latest find...

now this is a restorable... she is still far from the barn, a few hoop's and she will be on the way though...

not sure just what to chrysene her yet...

possibly "Holly"... we will see after she hits the barn floor here at home...
                79_xs1100special

Comment

Working...
                X