No announcement yet.

ATGATT ~ Time to GEAR UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia Beach Man - Motorcycle Crash...

It does not appear to relate to ATGATT but a friend of mine died on his HD on Saturday. Nancy just visited FB and found out about it. Todd was a CPO in the Navy. He was a member of Southern Riders MC Club.

http://wavy.com/2016/07/09/virginia-...orcycle-wreck/

We were very close friends 30 years ago but only had an occasional FB conversation the last bunch of years. I had posted a pic of my XS11's and he expressed his appreciation for my bikes. It sounds like he passed out or had some other issue and hit a guard rail.

KURT
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Kurt...may he RIP and prayers to his family.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Man that's rough. Sorry Kurt.

Fair winds Chief!

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Flip Flops.... He didn't get the ATGATT Memo

XS11 Friends,
          Today, my wife and I noticed this fella driving around our area on his Honda. Seems he didn't get the ATGATT memo.... He's got those safety FLIP FLOPS ON! My wife took this pic with her phone.

One might think this is an unusual event. Unfortunately, it is not. I saw the same style footwear being worn by an apparently younger "Hot Bike" guy the other day.

KURT
          Kurt Boehringer
          Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
          1978 - SR500 - Thumper
          1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
          1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
          1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
          1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
          1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
          1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
          1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
          1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
          2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Stupid is...as Stupid does...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It's all about risk vs. reward. We have to assume he knows the risk. I have taken an awful lot of flak from my friends for choosing a shorty helmet to take to my crash site. I knew the risk when I put it on. I even hesitated before choosing it. A dear friend of mine lost his son in a motorcycle accident less than two months ago. He chose to ride with no helmet. OK for him, but his family and friends will never get over the loss. I have family that I'm sure would prefer I never again get on a motorcycle. We make choices like that every day. I'm sure some people think I'm a complete idiot just for getting on a bike. I saw plenty of Harley bikers out today who obviously choose their gear based solely upon how it makes them look. Adding to the problem is the fact that too many drivers aren't going to put down their phone.

Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                It's all about risk vs. reward. We have to assume he knows the risk. I have taken an awful lot of flak from my friends for choosing a shorty helmet to take to my crash site. I knew the risk when I put it on. I even hesitated before choosing it. A dear friend of mine lost his son in a motorcycle accident less than two months ago. He chose to ride with no helmet. OK for him, but his family and friends will never get over the loss. I have family that I'm sure would prefer I never again get on a motorcycle. We make choices like that every day. I'm sure some people think I'm a complete idiot just for getting on a bike. I saw plenty of Harley bikers out today who obviously choose their gear based solely upon how it makes them look ...
                Very well said, Marty ...

Every time we ride, we must decide if the many rewards of riding a motorcycle outweigh the many risks.

It seems obvious that most of us continue to ride because we believe the rewards do outweigh the risks.

And out on the road, the gear we wear (or don't wear) is only one of many factors affecting our safety.
                Last edited by Prisoner6; 08-07-2016, 01:48 AM.
                Marco

Current bikes:
                1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                1979 Honda CBX
                2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Working...
                X