No announcement yet.

Weird stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from main, to reserve, and back to main on the petcock fixes my electrical issues too. It probably has something to do with the 40 psi in my tires and the brand of oil I'm using.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
      Switching from main, to reserve, and back to main on the petcock fixes my electrical issues too. It probably has something to do with the 40 psi in my tires and the brand of oil I'm using.
      ......you forgot.........'location, location, location'.......Opps, that be 42psi rear-40psi front..
      Last edited by motoman; 04-26-2016, 05:40 PM.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        ......you forgot.........'location, location, location':d.......opps, that be 42psi rear-40psi front..
        lmfao......:d
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

You know Greg there is one more thing you had to do when switching from main to reserve and back. Maybe it just wanted you to shift your a** around and then when you went right back to the same spot it quit.

In reality mechanical problems other than the wires for ignition are usually solid issues electrical are intermittent most of the time unless you go on a long isolated trip. If you pick a place miles from anywhere with no help and take few tools and no parts I bet you will have a solid condition.
          To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
          1980 G Silverbird
          Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
          1198 Overbore kit
          Grizzly 660 ACCT
          Barnett Clutch Springs
          R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
          122.5 Main Jets
          ACCT Mod
          Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
          Antivibe Bar ends
          Rear trunk add-on
          http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRon View Post
            If you pick a place miles from anywhere with no help and take few tools and no parts I bet you will have a solid condition.
            Pretty sure trbig could give a solid opinion on that statement.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Another option you may not have thought of Greg......unplug and spray clean all that dielectic grease out of that pick-up coil plug-in.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

[QUOTE=motoman;483604]Another option you may not have thought of Greg......unplug and spray clean all that dielectic grease out of that pick-up coil plug-in.......(was just in reference to post #2870 of 'what did you do to your bike today').

Comment

[QUOTE=motoman;483605]
                  Another option you may not have thought of Greg......unplug and spray clean all that dielectic grease out of that pick-up coil plug-in.......(was just JAT in reference to post #2870 of 'what did you do to your bike today').

Comment

[QUOTE=motoman;483605]
                    Another option you may not have thought of Greg......unplug and spray clean all that dielectic grease out of that pick-up coil plug-in.......(was just in reference to post #2870 of 'what did you do to your bike today').
                    I prefer my bike to run on ALL cylinders in heavy rain......
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

weird indeed...the other day i was cruising on the hwy between 75-80...when i slowed to 70 the bike started running like it was out of gas...(it wasnt)...went on for a couple miles but by the time i made my exit ...the roughness went away...my thoughts are fuel related...LOL
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Just keep some Texas Longhorns duct tape available to wrap your plug connections if it's affected by torrential downpours, right Greg?

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                          Just keep some Texas Longhorns duct tape available to wrap your plug connections if it's affected by torrential downpours, right Greg?

John
                          Too bad it didn't work huh John. I was damn sick of running on 2 cylinders trying to keep up. If I had known what it was I coulda stopped at a parts store and fixed it in 15 minutes.

Harry and I were having hell keeping our bikes going in that deluge.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                          X