No announcement yet.

Shinko tire travesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost bought the George fix seals today as they state they are the same size. I don't deal with ebay much but I want a windshield to and am going to use the bill me later option and it needs to be over $99 to get no interest for 6 months so I want to be sure which shield to order and I order that and my seals together so I wont have any interest. But I will be getting these seals from him, they are the right measurements. Thanks guys for the links.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

I fell bad for hijacking this thread,, sorry. SO, my seals should be shipped out today and get them this week. Does anyone know of a good source to get the whole valve that screws into the cap? Not just a schraeder valve but the hole thing. Mine are buggerd up a little on the inside lip and i would like to replace them with new ones. Thanks again.
      Jeff

Comment

So the brass valve body itself, that the schraeder valve core screws into? What is the damage on the inside lip you refer to? Is the damage on the brass body threads where it screws into cap or the hole the valve screws into?
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

its on the inside lip and when you pump it up, its hard for the air pump to get in there right. The hole is out of round and i bent it back a lot but i just want new ones. Funny thing is, the caps screw right on. They function right, i just want some new ones.
          Jeff

Comment

Gotcha. Put an ad in the wanted section of the forum, shoud get some responses pretty quick.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
              its on the inside lip and when you pump it up, its hard for the air pump to get in there right. The hole is out of round and i bent it back a lot but i just want new ones. Funny thing is, the caps screw right on. They function right, i just want some new ones.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...190-00-00.html
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

$30, I think I'll keep the ones i have. Thanks for the link though.
                Jeff

Comment

That's why I said to post up in the wanted section and didn't post a link to a new one... now that the price is out there on this thread I don't know if you might find a good guy deal on the forum or not...

Many guys will probably step up to offer you one at a fair price if you post up in the wanted section.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                    That's why I said to post up in the wanted section and didn't post a link to a new one... now that the price is out there on this thread I don't know if you might find a good guy deal on the forum or not...

Many guys will probably step up to offer you one at a fair price if you post up in the wanted section.
                    jjz28 said he wanted new ones, those are new ones. It ain't a secret.
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I'm just razzing a bit... I took it to mean he wanted one that was new in the sense of being undamaged to replace what he has, and could tell from the price for a new one that was probably gonna be his reaction, and it was.

Good post BA80!
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I figured giving the man the info he requested would be......Thanks!
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I didn't think they would be that high. Mine work fine, as far as keeping air in. Just where the hole is out of round its harder to get the air pump on them. Thanks for the help guys.
                          Jeff

Comment

As long as you can get air in them, and the air stays in them, you are not unlike most of us on this forum that have some part or piece on their bike that may not look good, but it works!
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                              I fell bad for hijacking this thread,, sorry. SO, my seals should be shipped out today and get them this week. Does anyone know of a good source to get the whole valve that screws into the cap? Not just a schraeder valve but the hole thing. Mine are buggerd up a little on the inside lip and i would like to replace them with new ones. Thanks again.
                              Hey Jeff, here's my thread from last year about my air valves.
                              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...fork+air+valve
                              Nice pics too.
                              Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                              The Green Monster
                              K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                              Got him in '04.
                              bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                              Scarlet
                              K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                              Got her in '11
                              Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                              Hugo
                              Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                              Cold weather ride

Comment

This thread has morphed around a bunch, so what's up next for discussion fella's?
                                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                                X