• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's both right from TKAT's website.

80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I just literally installed my Tkat last week. If there isn't enough people already saying this exact same thing, that is definitely not a Tkat brace! Or somebody bastardized it something awful.
      1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

This is the picture from the add. THis is the one I have. Look like it has been on a bike for 8 years??? NO, it does not.

Besides the fact that it does not fit, it does not have the lip for the dust cap. Please, tell me if you have one WITHOUT THE LIP.

Again, it was sold as fitting an E. if it fits an E it will fit an F...... IT DOES NOT FIT.
        My guess is that brace is designed to clamp on BELOW the dust caps, leaving them in place, which would explain the raised section like a special, being that it would clamp lower it would need to be raised in the middle to not hit the fender. Being lower it would also be on an area that is also fatter so it might grip there as well. That said, I'd contact T-Kat about it, as I can't say for sure if it is or isn't an early design, I'd think not but since we DO have access to him, I'd check with him, and if he verifies it's NOT, then file a dispute with Ebay and include the answer from T-Kat in the dispute, since that would be certain evidence of intent to defraud.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Its just like what I told another ebay seller selling 0.7 ohm coils for the XS... just because it came off the bike doesn't mean it is correct for the bike. Hope you get it straightened out.
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
            This is the picture from the add. THis is the one I have. Look like it has been on a bike for 8 years??? NO, it does not.
            Besides the fact that it does not fit, it does not have the lip for the dust cap.
            Again, it was sold as fitting an E. if it fits an E it will fit an F...... IT DOES NOT FIT.
            Hi Potter,
            you don't say why it don't fit. The eyes the wrong size? The wrong distance apart? Both?
            The ad also offers some XS850 parts, might the brace have been on it?
            The XS850 fork is skinnier, after all.
            Perhaps it had gaiters instead of wiper sleeves so the lip got removed?
            Or perhaps the brace was for a different bike entirely and the seller got confused?
            WTF, it don't fit and you deserve your money back. Good luck with that.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Contacted TKAT. Says it looks more like one he made for a suzuki. Opened a case with ebay and they decided in my favor.
              The guy that sent it to me sent pictures of it on his bike. I'm guessing he just didin't know it didn't fit right. Getting my $85 back.
              Darrell sold me one that fits at North.
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

glad everything worked out,and you got one too. If you hear of anybody else who has one that is looking to part with it,let me know.
                FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
                  glad everything worked out,and you got one too. If you hear of anybody else who has one that is looking to part with it,let me know.
                  There is an ATK brace on ebay right now. Only would work on a standard, last I saw it was about $55.
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                  X