tkat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
    yea,I know Greg,but he said the tkat didn't fit his.
    I have a tkat on one of my midnights. I don't think this is a TKAt but a knock off
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
      Does not fit the standard Greg, Ever seen one without the lip for the dust seal?
      Seems to me that the special brace will fit a standard but not vice versa.

LOL, the only one I've seen without the lip is the one Ivan is CADing. Maybe that's Ivans prototype.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That is a Special fork brace. I had one just like it on my 80SG. In fact, I have it as my background on this computer.
        Last edited by tarzan; 06-26-2012, 06:15 PM.
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Why won't it fit DuWaynes standard? As far as I know the only difference is the fender height.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

ok look at this

This is the picture from the add. THis is the one I have. Look like it has been on a bike for 8 years??? NO, it does not.

Besides the fact that it does not fit, it does not have the lip for the dust cap. Please, tell me if you have one WITHOUT THE LIP.

Again, it was sold as fitting an E. if it fits an E it will fit an F...... IT DOES NOT FIT.
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

Is that What you got? Does it need to go further down on the lowers to expose the lip on them?

I don't know because I have never installed any but I assumed the brace clamped in the groove on the lowers and another was provided on the brace for the dust boot.

That one looks smooth on the inside of the clamps.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

This is the picture from the add. THis is the one I have. Look like it has been on a bike for 8 years??? NO, it does not.

Besides the fact that it does not fit, it does not have the lip for the dust cap. Please, tell me if you have one WITHOUT THE LIP.

Again, it was sold as fitting an E. if it fits an E it will fit an F...... IT DOES NOT FIT.
                I no longer have the SG, and I can't remember if it has a lip or not.But clearly, you were given erroneous information.You can definitely open a dispute with the seller as it is not as described.just file it with eBay.Or sell it to someone here.
                80 SG XS1100
                14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

That simply is not for an XS1100...clearly you've been misled...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

File a eBay dispute; what have you got to lose? It's obviously not a XS11 brace, worst case nothing happens. Best case, he finds out he may be banned from eBay and spits the money up.
                    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                    '82 XJ rebuild project
                    '80SG restified, red SOLD
                    '79F parts...
                    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Chinese conspiracy

Told you guys it was a Chinese conspiracy! Nobody listens to me!

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Sorry, I had a brain fart or something.At first glance I thought it was right for a special.But clearly it isn't.I would bet eBay will help you.
                        80 SG XS1100
                        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Crap, I just deleted a bunch of emails. One was to tkat on Special fitment. Its different than a standard and he told me the difference. That may be for a special.
                          Darrell
                          78E
                          80G project
                          06FJR

Comment

Tkat has his operation about 40 miles from my place. I've been to his shop a few times, and seen his work. That is NOT a Tkat product! End of story. contact ebay and DEMAND a refund of ALL your money. You have tried the correct way, now go after the idiot...
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG
                            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Should contact tkat too. Someone is making bad knock offs of his stuff and it makes him.look bad.
                              Nathan
                              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                              K&N Filter
                              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                              OEM Exhaust
                              ATK Fork Brace
                              LED Dash lights
                              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                              SS Brake Lines
                              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

All of you have missed the really big question here...

With the way DuWayne rides, getting passed by little blue-haired old ladies, why the heck does he need a fork brace?

Does anyone have a pic of a T-kat fork brace from a 78 standard to help him refute this guy's claim? Maybe even contact Tkat, and let him refute that it's his design?
                                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100
                                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Working...
                                X