Sooo..monkeybutt, WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
    Spencer does great work at a great price.
    Having a seat Spencerized is a popular option with the ST crowd...........for those who can't really afford a Corbin or a RussellDayLong. For modification of a stock seat, they ARE the option of choice for the majority, and have been for several years now.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I just found this, and HAD to post it here. Evidently, they have a "satin smooth" version!

1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

3 pages of monkey butt, man I love this site. And bug, you are doing way to much research to be comfortable with.
        Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

You really know how to stir the "soup" elevener.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I can't believe I just read through 3 pages on sore arse's,and the remedy for correcting it. Although I do plan on getting my seat reworked for comfort,it seems I don't have the problems with this as bad as some on here. I have to admit I did laugh my arse off reading some of these comments,maybe that's the reason I don;t have the problems.
            FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
            1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
              3 pages of monkey butt, man I love this site. And bug, you are doing way to much research to be comfortable with.
              Not researching anything... I innocently ran across the picture on one of my favorite funny sites: epicwtfs.com. The comments on the picture did mention that there is a baby version too though!
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                Spencer does great work at a great price.
                Are you speaking from experience, as in, had a seat redone ?

If so, did you have Spencer install the Supracor ?

If so, what difference did you notice from the original ?

TIA
                1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I also can't believe I actually read this whole post
                  This isn't an issue I have ever encountered, though I have not done any distance riding, I ride to work and for local errands, which probably won't change until my kids are grown, right now I don't go anywhere else alone.
                  1981 XS 11 special
                  red
                  40,000 miles

Comment

Never in my wildest dreams did I think a vintage motorcycle forum could give me nightmares. Thanks alot guys.
                    Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                    Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Hmar View Post
                      I also can't believe I actually read this whole post
                      This isn't an issue I have ever encountered, though I have not done any distance riding, I ride to work and for local errands, which probably won't change until my kids are grown, right now I don't go anywhere else alone.
                      I feel for ya... Been there. My youngest is 10 now. Now daddy gets to take mommy and RUN away every now and then! I've got a set of friends been married 12 years now. their oldest is 11.... they have never taken a vacation just the 2 of them since the oldest was born. I told them the other weekend "ya gotta try it! It's amazing!" Since our youngest was 2 the Wife and I have always got away, even for just a weekend for our anniversary. It's amazing what some time alone can do for the relationship. Now that they are 15 and 10 its alot easier to just run away for a week... There's always someone that will take them as they are pretty self-sufficient.

This Summer we start the next chapter in the long history of this old XS's trip book. It's been 20 years since its left on a epic journey with the bags packed riding 2 up. I hope to do it, and my Father proud!
                      Don
                      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
                      1989 kawi ex500
                      1996 yzf-r6
                      1999 yzf-r1
                      2001 kawi zx-6r
                      2000 Ducati 748
                      2002 YZF-R1
                      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
                        I feel for ya... Been there. My youngest is 10 now. Now daddy gets to take mommy and RUN away every now and then! I've got a set of friends been married 12 years now. their oldest is 11.... they have never taken a vacation just the 2 of them since the oldest was born. I told them the other weekend "ya gotta try it! It's amazing!" Since our youngest was 2 the Wife and I have always got away, even for just a weekend for our anniversary. It's amazing what some time alone can do for the relationship. Now that they are 15 and 10 its alot easier to just run away for a week... There's always someone that will take them as they are pretty self-sufficient.

This Summer we start the next chapter in the long history of this old XS's trip book. It's been 20 years since its left on a epic journey with the bags packed riding 2 up. I hope to do it, and my Father proud!
                        And we will all expect a full ride report wwith pictures, due within 5 days of the rides completion
                        Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                        Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
                          And we will all expect a full ride report wwith pictures, due within 5 days of the rides completion
                          if you got facebook or link up to my photobucket you'll get play by play as I snap them! I will put together a slide show of the zillion pics I take on this trip. I'm trying to buy a GoPro Hero II before then, if not my buddy has one and said I can borrow it. So I'll have some video of parts of the ride. Gonna splice me together a nice little video while I'm suppose to be working, seeing as I don't have any of my own time to do it. I'm usually to busy on the XS11.com forum wasting other peoples time, to do stuff @ home LOL!
                          Don
                          1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
                          1989 kawi ex500
                          1996 yzf-r6
                          1999 yzf-r1
                          2001 kawi zx-6r
                          2000 Ducati 748
                          2002 YZF-R1
                          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Sadly, I have to admit I read this entire post. Then later thought, "Am I that damn bored?". So, I figure I might as well throw my 2 pennies out.

Cold weather=thermals, jeans that are loose in the seat, and liner in leathers.
                            Hot weather=Under Armour top/bottom, jeans that are loose in the seat, and leathers.
                            Anti Monkey Butt - no need for it.

I once put a long sleeve Under Armour shirt on gearing up when it was cool out. I was back at the house within 10 miles. Warmer to wear nothing in the winter than wear Under Armour, it works that good at pulling heat from your body.
                            Current Stable:
                            1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
                            1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
                            1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
                            1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
                            WTB:
                            1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
                            1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

LOL. I wear Underarmor year round. Winter, I wear Underamor, then a thermal, then a long sleeve shirt, then my mesh riding jacket with a liner to block the wind. A smock on my neck and some good gloves.. and I'm ready to go. If it's REALLY cold, like in the single digits, then I wear my thin nylon rain jacket over my mesh jacket to further block the wind. The Underarmor keeps my shirt or the thermals from binding on me anywhere and comfy.

Summer, I still wear a long sleeve Underarmor with a shirt over it. When you sweat, the outer shirt doesn't stick to you and bind up.
                              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                              '06 Suzuki DR650
                              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                              '81 XS1100 Special
                              '81 YZ250
                              '80 XS850 Special
                              '80 XR100
                              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                                LOL. I wear Underarmor year round. Winter, I wear Underamor, then a thermal, then a long sleeve shirt, then my mesh riding jacket with a liner to block the wind. A smock on my neck and some good gloves.. and I'm ready to go. If it's REALLY cold, like in the single digits, then I wear my thin nylon rain jacket over my mesh jacket to further block the wind. The Underarmor keeps my shirt or the thermals from binding on me anywhere and comfy.

Summer, I still wear a long sleeve Underarmor with a shirt over it. When you sweat, the outer shirt doesn't stick to you and bind up.
                                You dont have a winter jacket? Like leather or non vented? Underwear is highly over rated.
                                Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Working...
                                X