Sooo..monkeybutt, WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo..monkeybutt, WTF?

Ok does anyone here really get this? I read about people bichen about it all the time. "Dont wear anything with seams, buy this "special" underwear ( what is this underwear thing anyway?)

I have done several iron butts( none registered, cause like why?) I dont get it. No seat has ever bothered me. I did buy a sheepskin for the bandit cause its like buzzy and Im not a girl.

I post this here cause ya know,I got nothin to lose on this forum .

But really is this a problem for normal people?
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Well...you know, that stuff that wicks the moisture away is more comfortable. For me, regular boxers are just fine.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I have a special base layer for under my leathers on my crotch rocket. its just a moisture wick basically. on hot days it does help keep the sweat from settling in uncomfortable spots... you know, what is commonly referred to as "ball soup"

I wear jeans and my Textile gear on the XS, I've yet to need my base layer. I suspect when I go thru the high desert in June I may need my base layer, or not, we'll find out.... I'll start with it on and see what happens. everyone has a preference that may or may not work for others. We used these compression style base layers in race cars for the same reason. moisture wicking helps keep you more comfortable when the heat get poured on.

the thing that bothers me the most when riding is stuff in my pockets... drives me crazy!
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
        the thing that bothers me the most when riding is stuff in my pockets... drives me crazy!
        Well keep your hands out of the ball soup!!!!!!
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Well keep your hands out of the ball soup!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife absolutely hates that term... on a hot day I will blurt out "soups done" she just rolls her eyes and says something smart as'd about men that still act like little boys.
          Don
          1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Elevener View Post
            Ok does anyone here really get this? I read about people bichen about it all the time. "Dont wear anything with seams, buy this "special" underwear ( what is this underwear thing anyway?)

I have done several iron butts( none registered, cause like why?) I dont get it. No seat has ever bothered me. I did buy a sheepskin for the bandit cause its like buzzy and Im not a girl.

I post this here cause ya know,I got nothin to lose on this forum .

But really is this a problem for normal people?
            Hi Elevener,
            That sheep skin cuts down more than the buzzing. I will not go longer than an hour or two without my sheepskin. Makes ahuge difference to the comfort. Moisture/temperature of the butt.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I learned about these pads from the bunch I ride with.....

You see Ivan has one on his FJR too.

They are actually for an ATV but fit well on stock seats. About $20 ay Wally World. Lets the air flow a bit and conforms pretty good to your derriere. If things get too humid I just stand up on the pegs for a while.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

But its so much funner to see someone shake the water out of a sheepskin and it works to, instant dry. Really I thought sheepskin was stupid and not sure why I tried it, well it was on sale. It works though, hot cold wet or dry.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Ya i gotta wash the sheep skin and get it on. I wanna try it out this summer. Dad always had it on. I took it off... not a fan of the look. but hey if it works it works right?
                  Don

old:
                  1989 kawi ex500
                  1996 yzf-r6
                  1999 yzf-r1
                  2001 kawi zx-6r
                  2000 Ducati 748
                  2002 YZF-R1
                  2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Ok does anyone here really get this? I read about people bichen about it all the time. "Dont wear anything with seams, buy this "special" underwear - - -
                    Hi Elevener,
                    Jeans & jockey shorts is what's between my arse and the bike seat and I've never found the seams in them gave any special discomfort.
                    One time when I toured all round lake Superior I shared a hotel supper table with a rider who told me he wrote long distance touring articles for bike magazines.
                    He claimed the secret of comfortable riding was to not wear any underclothes and did I want to ride with him?
                    I told him, no.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Well fred, being from canada I guess you dont know anyone who served in Vietnam??

Comment

Well fred, being from canada I guess you dont know anyone who served in Vietnam??
                        Hi Elevener,
                        not personally, no. Although a fair number of Canadians did serve there as volunteers in the US forces.
                        Closest I came to that was my uncle George who was in Burma with the British "forgotten 14th" Army during WW2.
                        And he didn't talk about the war at all, let alone the state of his underwear or it's relevance to personal comfort.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

what is the reason for this post??
                          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                          and SOXS
                          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Originally posted by hamjam View Post
                            what is the reason for this post??
                            Gotta admit I'm a little curious about that myself.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Hi Greg, Niimi,
                              the connection between the original post about the need for seamless underwear, riders with no underwear and military service in Vietnam is not clear to me either.
                              Perhaps Elevener would care to elucidate?
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X