Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
    Hey Don,

CHILL dude, we don't like to call each other names.

T.C.
    Sorry T.C.

One of my Pet-peeves was triggered. I wasn't trying to call anyone names. But I guess maybe I did

Sorry if anyone was offended by me being offended and stating so. It was not my intention. But It did kinda come out wrong. It just kinda twists my tits when stuff like that happens. So I'm done with this thread and am on to trying to help others with their questions on the forum, and probably ask a few myself. while cracking wise and trying not to misspell along the way!
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Poor grammar can bug me but I would not post about it. I know some smart-wonderful people- who when typing fail. I will however gripe in this reply about "text" grammar: EXAMPLE

hi all im new here my bud sed u all here r helpful can u tell me how 2 c if my tyr psi is ok........

When I see a car for sale and the ad is stated in the same manner as above I then know the car has been abused by a young irresponsible person.

Comment

This has got to be one of the most interesting forums I have ever read.on that thought,I need a couple aspirin. I sometimes am on here using my Android, and my fingers are larger than the key pad,enough said? Thought this was a biker site, not a spelling bee site?
        Last edited by Cuda 69; 03-24-2012, 08:12 AM.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

The misuse of the english lanquage also irritates me but I take it all in stride. Considering that when I was growing up my parents owned both an implement dealership and a printing business so I was either wrenching on something or proofreading something. I did OK until I also went to microsoft 7. Although I seem to have spell check yet and sometimes even use it my biggest problem is in this keyboard. It seems to work OK during the day but come evening after it has had a beer or two, or worse yet a little tap of single malt scotch it just cannot type worth a tinkers damn.
          The Old Tamer
          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
            I don't remember seeing in the forum rules when I signed up here that spelling, grammar, and CORRECT use of punctuation was a must. Maybe I'll go back and read them again

I understand what your "trying" to say... But I also feel maybe your looking down your nose @ others who may "actually" have issues with spelling?!

I myself am dyslexic and put letters in wrong order some times, or mix up spelling of words. For the most part I catch them upon proof reading. But sometime I don't full scan my post before hitting the send button.

So what I'm getting @ is sometimes it happens. Sometimes out of lazyness, but also remember there are people who struggle for real. I've got lots of "Pet-peeves" That get triggered by others on the forum. I'm just not a big enough A$$ to point my finger @ others and tell them the suck, like you just did!

Not everyone is perfect like you my friend, have a little understanding
            However I can't say I've ever had any trouble actually understanding what you're saying. The issue I think was being mentioned was where in many cases it's often hard to understand what's being asked, because the language is so poor, and it's not so bad on here really, it's actually FAR worse on facebook and on some of the other forums I'm on. Personally I'm not too bothered by things like your and you're, but where, wear and were (which I've seen interchanged) can get confusing. Many times you CAN get meaning from context, but often the REAL problem posters use of language is so bad that the context is so horrible that you can't identify it from that. Punctuation is nice, but on the other hand, I've seen it abused as well. The main thing with punctuation that people often forget is that the same words can have totally different meaning by nothing more than adding punctuation to the sentence.

But as you stated, we need to at the same time avoid being spelling and punctuation nazi's as well as doing our best to use proper spelling and punctuation ourselves.

Your forgot the "E"; No Post For you....Spelling Nazi has spoken! T.C.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
              But as you stated, we need to at the same time avoid being spelling and punctuation nazi's as well as doing our best to use proper spelling and punctuation ourselves.
              While we're at it, how about a comma or two.
              "We need to(comma) at the same time(comma) avoid etc."

CZ

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
                This has got to be one of the most interesting forums I have ever read.on that thought,I need a couple aspirin. I sometimes am on here using my Android, and my fingers are larger than the key pad,enough said? Thought this was a biker site, not a spelling bee site?
                This is a Motorcycle Rider Forum.

Bikers are persons who Hardley ride.
                1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

This could go on forever! It seems no one can make a post that some funny guy will find a mistake of some sort, post it, and then some one will find something wrong with that post. We are in serious need of entertainment. Is this the effects of cabin fever? Are we ready to ride? Is this like the rainy Saturday when the kids fight?
                  "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Wot ???
                    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
                      Wot ???
                      Wide Open Throttle !!!

Yes, I concurr.
                      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
                      X