Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever made road-kill with your bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only thing I've ever hit with a bike was a squirrel. I was tooling through the neighborhood and one started to run across the street in front of me. If he'd kept going he'd have been fine, but he saw me coming and couldn't make up his mind whether he was going to continue across or go back where he'd come from. Long story short - he zigged when he should have zagged.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Alot of bugs on my windshield,some birds,a couple of somethings,close to a deer and a moose.Nailed a lot of pot holes probably somethings I don't recall but I am sure I have hit a few more things..oh, on my first date who became my wife later backed here '70 Honda 750 into my fairing and knocked us both over
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
        Alot of bugs on my windshield,some birds,a couple of somethings,close to a deer and a moose.Nailed a lot of pot holes probably somethings I don't recall but I am sure I have hit a few more things..oh, on my first date who became my wife later backed here '70 Honda 750 into my fairing and knocked us both over
        Hey Bill that sounds like Falling in Love
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
          Hey Bill that sounds like Falling in Love
          Phil
          Ha!

John and I had a similar incident at our old rent house when I was backing down a steep driveway. I knew he surely loved me after that. I was on his 750 Special so I took out both his bikes (no damage... Just my pride lol)

I had one year where suicidal birds kept hitting me. First a cardinal then a bluebird. No damage to me or the bike, but it was a bit of a downer. I'm a nature person.
          Luckily, been able to avoid anything larger (knock on wood)
          Last edited by Wildkat; 04-09-2016, 05:44 AM.
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Late 70's. Riding out to meet up with bros in San Diego. 'Bout 2am-ish on I-10
            Pretty empty road that time of the morning. I had dialed in about a C-note on the speedo riding my fairly new Laverda 1000. Being a early crotch rocket, I had pretty much laid down on the tank supported by my tank bag and my feet hanging off the back pegs. Actually pretty comfortable riding position. Coyote came across highway and I clipped him pretty good. With the ensuing high speed wobble and my frantic attempt to get in the right riding position to regain control, I crossed the grass median into the oncoming lanes but managed to haul the bike down and stop. Lucky for me, no oncoming traffic. After regaining my composure, I see the coyote in a crumpled heap in the median. Bummer, I think. I just cratered the dam thing. I walk over to the heap, get about 10 from it and he/she jumps up and hauls ass. Another massive shot of adrenaline shoots thru me. I shakingly walk back to my rig access the damage. Found big tuft of fur hanging on a fork leg but nothing else save for the stained seat. I continue my journey at a more sedate speed (till daylight anyway) in the proper riding position.
            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
            X