OH dear, I must be a sick man :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windjammergump View Post
    had a kz1100 couldnt get title issues fixed bought a 81 with 20,000 miles on it rode a month...topend hard to find pistons....had carbs clearned before first ride....after rebuild had to rejet....plus guages ,front forks,new head light ears, now guess what ppl old starter will not crank over new top end so starter , and in need of back tire, went from 650.00 to 1700 plus quick are there really worth it i cant quit and cant sell like it is please help me with what to do when she is right i see some do 100,000 and hope i am through after the starter comes in.....just dont know...she will FLY now but will not crank...
    You likely just needed starter brushes oand or a rebuild. I am guessing you did a big bore kit? WHEN I did my 1179 kit on a different bike there were no starter issues when I was done. Does it turn over slow or not at all? If not at all check your valve timing.
    Over all these bikes are easy to work on, most parts can be found and once the bike is refurbed it will run for a long long time.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Bummer

My plans to quickly get this one on the road for daily use have been squashed. Looks like I would need a set of tires for safe use and if I'm going to pull the wheels that leads to wheel bearing, swing arm bearings etc. I already know that I need head set bearing which involved pulling the front end off do if I'm going to jump in that deep I might as well just cool my heels and fully restore her. At some point in the fall or perhaps toward the spring I will turn this thread into a story about that job. If nothing else, restoring this one will relieve me of the bulk of the spare parts I have on hand for the work.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, DOES ANYONE HAVE A #1 CARB BODY CORE OR COMPLETE #1 CARB WITH GOOD FLOAT POSTS FOR A 78E, 79F OR 79SF SPECIAL?

Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
      X