California XSives Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rally section

can one of the mods move this to the rally section so its easier to find ??
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Garth, when we are closer to the rally, I'll start a thread on the Rally List. I have found that hardly anyone looks at any forums other than the Member's Lounge and the XS/XJ Discussion ones. Want to die a slow and pointless death? Post a question on the "Other Bikes" forum....
      Last edited by LoHo; 01-07-2010, 04:20 PM.
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Hey! I check all the forums on a regular basis. Granted, I may be an exception, but hey, I get lots of internet time at work.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Athedra View Post
          Anyone have a spare amphibian bolt on kit for a 79 XS?. Would love to attend, but the water in between the two continents is a major dragggggg.
          I haven't experienced any problems with water travel, although I would suggest a Standard tank and perhaps a spare tank on the back for a Trans Pacific crossing. If you catch the waves right the gas milage is really quite reasonable.

Special Ed
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Yeah, Ed, but look what that salt water did to your pipes!

Comment

Okay, I made my ressies for the KOA in Santa Margarita, Kabin #28, the one we took over last year. Brant from Colorado may take #29, the one I had last year, and the next one up is #30, in case a couple of you tenters want to pool your resources and have a bed and electricity instead.

As a teacher in a public school, things will be a little tighter this year, but I think we can still make a go of it for the Rally. Someone let Tkat know, and Roo, and any other likely suspects. The routine will be the same as last year, but with a more organized ride system to replace our "Let's ride fast until we're lost"-method we tried last year.

And I'll bring my own trash can.

Comment

nice

I can't wait, how will the weather be there that time of year?
                91 kwaka kz1000p
                Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Originally posted by garthxs View Post
                  I can't wait, how will the weather be there that time of year?
                  Garth, the weather was great last year. This year should be good, too, but you'll have to channel Karnak The Magnificent if you want a forecast 5 months in advance.

Loho, I told Roo know about the rally when we went riding last weekend but I'll tell him again so he gets it scheduled....

Regards,

Scott
                  -- Scott
                  _____
                  ♬
                  2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
                  ♬

Comment

Summer school?

Mike, are you guys having summer school this year? Ours is way cut back and i may not get a spot. If so, it's the first time in 15 years I'll have a summer off...and be short that money....

Comment

I'd like to attend, I just moved to NV, near Tahoe so it shouldn't be to far for me, but I'd like to run it by SWMBO first. Any chance you guys from CO come through NV and then head south, if so we could meet up and ride together.
                      1979 xs1100 Special -
                      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                      My Bike:
                      [link is broken]

Comment

rant, rambeling

Wife has screwed this one up for me.... again.
                        Been working my heiney off to pay bills around here. Just after starting this driving job she got accepted in to nursing school, then proceeded to quit her job because "work and school is too much" (not too much for everyone else).
                        She graduates May 4th (yay). She will get a job very quickly as she and I both know people in the local hospitals and they seem to be begging for her to work with them.
                        Because wife is terrible at paying household bills and I'm not around much, her sister is our "accountant". Sis-in-law and I were talking about bills when wife goes to work (she does have a part-time job now that helps with some bills but I pay 95%). When I told wife of "the plan" she said it wouldn't work. She says she's only going to work 2 days a week so her pay will be what it is now. What a waste of 2 1/2 years in nursing school!!!!
                        So, if she dosen't provide more $ to the family I won't be able to take time off work.
                        I'm making more money than I ever have in my life. My last paycheck (for 2 weeks) was more than I made in the whole year of 1979.
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat,
                          You NEED to tell SWMBO that WITHOUT the weekend off for the ride, she will be working more at keeping YOU happy! BTDT, got a GF now. Let her know when you are working that hard, you DO need the "recharge" time. I'm with you, three days a week will probably help so you can do things, like make the rally.
                          JMHO
                          Ray Matteis
                          KE6NHG
                          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Pat,

Bummer. That's cold.

One of my best friends runs a resturant and is there six days a week open to close and his wife does home appraisals. When everything was hot and she could have been busy she was only doing one or two a day. As she confessed to me "She had a life". Never mind they had just spent a wad renovating an old historic house.

Now she is playing tennis waiting for things to pick up and my bud is still working 6 days out of seven payin the bills.
                            RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Pat,
                              That is just totally not right. Maybe SWMBO should be modified to SWMBI: She Who Must Be Informed. I'm just sayin'...
                              Hope to see you down there bro!
                              Special Ed
                              Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                              I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo
                                The routine will be the same as last year, but with a more organized ride system to replace our "Let's ride fast until we're lost"-method we tried last year.
                                Hey! That was fine by me! 'Course, I wasn't leading...
                                Jerry Fields
                                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                                '06 Concours
                                My Galleries Page.
                                My Blog Page.
                                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                                X