No announcement yet.

California XSives Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a spare amphibian bolt on kit for a 79 XS?. Would love to attend, but the water in between the two continents is a major dragggggg.
    '79 XS1100 (2H9) named Bones
    1196 Big Bore
    4-1 Cowley exhaust
    750FD Conversion
    Echlin 54mm Racing Cones (Americanese = pods)
    Black Ebony Bottled glazed Tank (To be redone now)
    BMX footpegs
    Tank internally lined (Professionally this time)
    GSX400 Throttle bodies (Under serious investigation)
    Anti Sticky float bowl system

Comment

Originally posted by Athedra View Post
      Anyone have a spare amphibian bolt on kit for a 79 XS?. Would love to attend, but the water in between the two continents is a major dragggggg.
      You might be able keep it above water with a ski on the front and a paddle on the rear.

Those refueling stops could be a problem though.

Comment

calif trip

Count me in on the Cal trip.
        I will be watching for updates.
        XSEDDY

79SF All stock Red
        79SF Parts beast
        75 Honda 750 SuperSport

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...=xseddy004.jpg

Comment

The Bently WILL do it easily! just need to ride a little SLOWER than the Honda, as it IS the "older gent".
          Don't forget to try and save about three extra days for the North end of the PCH. Give it two up, one back and go East.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Then I guess you'll just have to figure out how to do a South Africa Rally, won't you? I would venture to guess that there aren't all that many XSes over there, are there? Maybe you could allow lesser bikes to participate...like Specials...
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

canged my vaca dates

I am in!!!
              91 kwaka kz1000p
              Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Athedra,

This was posted elsewhere.

You have the horsepower. Just need to figure out the fuel stops!!

http://www.flixxy.com/yamaha-raptor-sport-atv.htm
                RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Ray, you sure seem to have alot of faith in the ole' scoot. Guess ridin those kinda miles could turn into an adventure on any scoot though, and give you tall tales to tell later. The ST was flawless and at 48-52mpg made for a blank page as far as any tales later........gee, that's boring, but sometimes nice to be able to just feed it gas and ride......ride...........then ride some more(bout 300miles between fills if your backside can withstand it). The comfort of the Bentley is such that can go farther than the tank at about 225mi. between fills without hitting reserve. Hopefully going back to 20-50Vavoline will resolve its appetite of oil, and like you say, backin off the 'go' grip maybe will keep its appetite suppressed a bit too.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Just keeping this alive for those who might be interested. We need to let Tkat and any other Californios know who may not monitor this list. I used to contact him through Plus2, but I quit that list.
                    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Loho-
                      That was one swell time last summer. You are an amazing host! Anything close to a repeat with some new riders will be (as we say out here,) awesome! I’ll get my maps out. I remember seeing some roads on a map that looked very interesting. Any excuse for a ride through Big Sur will do, of course.

I thought I had a Clear Lake connection for a more northerly Central Coast rally, but it hasn’t jelled yet: may be next fall?

Do these bring back memories?
                      Special Ed
                      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

A northerly get-together could be crashing the XS triple (750/850) rally at Crater Lake. They meet there yearly for camping/riding.
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I should be able to make it. Prolly be riding the Killer Bee this year tho. Once again, I'll try to get my dad and brother there. Pops was recovering from knee surgery last year but, as far as I know, he should be set to go for this one. Better yet, he'll finally be officially retired.
                          Somebody flag down Ru and get him there.... that crazy Brit!
                          1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
                          1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
                          1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
                          2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
                          2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

+1 on the crazy Brit!
                            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Make that +2 on the crazy Brit. Look forward to seeing you, Motoman, Matt, and Paul!
                              Special Ed
                              Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                              I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Sure wish i could go! I am only about 10-20 minutes from PCH. Hollar if you guys are going there
                                1978 XS1100E Standard
                                Kerker Exhaust
                                Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                                TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                                Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

Working...
                                X