No announcement yet.

newb from KC, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Scott! I put about 100 miles on it today (super nice weather here in KC, MO), and really leaned on it a few times....it suprised me how much power it really had (pegged the 80mph speedo in a hurry)! I rode mostly crotch rockets previously (ducati 996 previously) and I was not even a LITTLE bit disappounted with this bikes power! brakes could use some work, but I am going to change the fluid and see if that helps....if not, new pads, and SS lines are getting ordered asap!

super happy owner though.....still got a perma grin

Comment

Originally posted by wlsmoku View Post
      brakes could use some work, but I am going to change the fluid and see if that helps....if not, new pads, and SS lines are getting ordered asap!
      Changing the fluid should be an annual thing anyway. I would suggest doing that ASAP. SS lines will definitely help too. Some have said that it takes some getting-used-to when switching to SS lines, as it really increases the response on the brakes.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X